oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Robin Johnson said:

Armstrong appears to be involved in Southampton’s plans for next season according to their manager……

I think we're all getting too carried away. After all Graeme Bailey said it. No one remotely reputable has said it. The local journalist for Southampton has just been lazy and recycled the starter. Until someone with some form of credibility says it assume it's a non-starter.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MBG42 said:

The thing with Fry is that although he is a good player he is also one of our most sellable assets.

We could sell him for 10-15m and reinvest that into other areas of the squad. You could argue we have replaced him already with a free transfer.

IMO the central CB in a back three gets a lot of protection and you don't need an outstanding player to play there just someone who can do the basics of defending well. Read the game well, be strong in the air and be an organiser is all that is required.

Smacks to me of Ben returning

15 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Armstrong appears to be involved in Southampton’s plans for next season according to their manager……

When did he say this? 

1 hour ago, kentucky said:

Dummit  Newcastle

Billy Gilmore Chelsea 

Lehihan Blackburn 

Armstrong Sotn 

Been told inquiries, about them

Paul Dummet is an interesting one. I remember a while back thinking he could play the LCB role and there's clearly no way he'll ever make the bench at newcastle.

Armstrong would be fantastic. Gilmour is pretty divisive but I don't see him dropping down a league. 

Surprised nearly everyone has put McNair ahead of Howson in the DM position. Not entirely sure why McNair is this great midfielder now as whenever I’ve seen him play there for us he’s been poor and no where near as good as Howson in my opinion. I’d have no problems having Howson as our starting DM next season again. Certainly wouldn’t have McNair starting over him.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Caution... NSFW.

image.png.4e91b485b117df508ebf1f308c92d71a.png

All gone strangely quiet on Scott Twine since the original article linking us with him about a month ago.

I’d expect he’s on the radar of pretty much every championship club and maybe even some of the promoted teams.

Not one I’m expecting to happen but I’d love him here.

23 minutes ago, "KM" said:

When did he say this? 

There’s some quotes about it here. Personally if I was a Southampton fan I’d want to see at least a couple of bigger name strikers come in. Broja has gone and Adams, Armstrong and Long is not going to set the league alight. Could see them signing Minamino and splashing the cash for a biggish name. 

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/adam-armstrong-ralph-hasenhuttl-middlesbrough-7188587.amp

14 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

There’s some quotes about it here. Personally if I was a Southampton fan I’d want to see at least a couple of bigger name strikers come in. Broja has gone and Adams, Armstrong and Long is not going to set the league alight. Could see them signing Minamino and splashing the cash for a biggish name. 

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/adam-armstrong-ralph-hasenhuttl-middlesbrough-7188587.amp

are they trying for Broja again? or maybe Minimino(sp) back?

I would be surprised but not surprised if Hasenhuttl jettisoned Armstrong. Armstrong needs time to acclimatise in the Premiership but Football Managers do not have the luxury of time, waiting for a Striker to find form.

If Ralph is brave enough to go into the forthcoming season pining his hopes on Armstrong and one or two others then he is a very rare breed in terms of Football Managers. "Loaning" him to a top Championship side makes sense for all parties. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?