oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Maybe but it doesn't mean to say its right. Imo it's not very effective and leaves us very vulnerable to counters. It also can affect the wingbacks and midfield who need to cover it. We will see if it can work better next season with a few different players but I think it's been sussed now personally.

i agree somewhat, it hasnt been overly effective yet, But i think it's too early to drop it. Wilders only had half a season really with the squad during which we played every 3/4 days on average, so not much time on the training pitch. Also, were trying to instill change in a side that's been playing Dinoball under Warnock/pulis, I was fairly shocked that the team adapted as quickly as it did TBH.

Its such an effective tactic, im happy to keep trying it into next season as hopefully, it will work better after a full pre-season of training and a couple of signings more suited to playing it.

TIfo did a good  breakdown video on Wilders tactics a while back, its an interesting watch.

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Goes back to what I was saying about us being very dependent on Wilder getting exactly the kind of players he wants.

Its a high risk tactic that works well when executed correctly, but as we saw last season can be costly when not.

Well most tactics have some flaws unless you are blessed with world class players all over the pitch like Liverpool, City etc. Wilder is employing a very specific tactics that isn't used commonly so a lot of players won't be used to it. It requires a special set of players in key areas and that takes a bit of time to assemble. Let's just hope we get the right players in this summer, as we should then be ready to launch a real attack on promotion.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

This is exactly the kind of loan I think we should be looking for. He's already had a successful 1/2 season on loan in the championship at Preston (20 games, 7 goals, 1 assist) and ought to be in position to improve. The player and his agent will undoubtedly be looking for a Premier league loan so it might not be easy to land. 

Interestingly, he also shows that you can do a good loan in the January window. Although Connolly wasn't up to much, I do suspect that Wilder may have mishandled the Balogun loan. 

3 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

Also a big fan of any player that purposefully uses a celebration to match their surname

Thankfully Danny Shittu never thought of doing this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 16
30 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

You said sell him and move mcnair there did you not?

No 😂 I literally said I don’t want to sell Dijksteel in my 2nd sentence. I’m merely saying if we were to sell then the club has McNair to slot in his place. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

This is exactly the kind of loan I think we should be looking for. He's already had a successful 1/2 season on loan in the championship at Preston (20 games, 7 goals, 1 assist) and ought to be in position to improve. The player and his agent will undoubtedly be looking for a Premier league loan so it might not be easy to land. 

Interestingly, he also shows that you can do a good loan in the January window. Although Connolly wasn't up to much, I do suspect that Wilder may have mishandled the Balogun loan. 

I prefer Balogun to Archer myself. Not sure we got the best out of Balo. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

I prefer Balogun to Archer myself. Not sure we got the best out of Balo. 

i agree, joined in jan which is always hard, and still managed 3 goals and 3 asissts in 18 despite only starting 9 games.

Also tearing it up for england under 21's, think a full pre-season with the club would do him wonders.

• Like 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?