oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He pretty much just re-posts other journalists' work most of the time. Guy has become a bit of a meme because of "here we go!" but in terms of exclusives, he's pretty much useless apart from a few select Spanish/Italian clubs.

He's in a win win here.

It won't be announced today, so nobody can prove him wrong that it's not yet completed.

7 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He pretty much just re-posts other journalists' work most of the time. Guy has become a bit of a meme because of "here we go!" but in terms of exclusives, he's pretty much useless apart from a few select Spanish/Italian clubs.

I think what makes the difference is that he very very rarely posts anything that doesn't happen. When he says something is happening, it generally happens. Not many other journalists can say that - possibly because they do break things early so more can go wrong.

I can’t remember when we have been this ‘lucky’ with a player sale. As others have said big money for a player that hasn’t been in our plans for all of last season and I’m sure he went to Forest on deadline day last minute which could be why they never negotiated a loan to buy agreement at a much lower price! 
Also not forgetting that we were able to pull more revenue in January by loosely threatening to recall him. 
it really is mad luck how much we have made from this player in the last 12 months and could even get better if he pushes on at Spurs. 

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think what makes the difference is that he very very rarely posts anything that doesn't happen. When he says something is happening, it generally happens. Not many other journalists can say that - possibly because they do break things early so more can go wrong.

He words things in such a way that he can never be wrong until it's 100%. The guy genuinely posts about 50 variety of the same tweet about a story before it finally breaks. Absolute genius in terms of building his brand and making a living, but if he says something "isn't done" it translates to "I don't know what's going on and nobody has broken it with 100% certainty yet, so I won't commit".

Either way I'm *** myself that we're getting 20m for Spence here. What a time to be alive.

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He's only just turned 20 to be fair and he's been chucked in the deep end quite early on. I think in the games I've seen, I thought his positivity with the ball at his feet looked quite intriguing, it was the defensive side of his game which left a little to be desired. It seems like he feels he's ready to test himself against the level of opposition we're up against though, what with his failed loan at Hibs and this move to Swansea.

I think he wants someone to chuck him into the deep end and for him to find his feet. Swansea will probably give him time to get it right and he may well come good, it's probably the best move he could make if he wants this to come off at this level so early in his career. I certainly hope we have a sell-on with that deal just in case.

If he doesn't work out though, it won't be the first youngster to have left us thinking the grass is gonna be greener and getting it wrong.

I mean I wish him all the best and sure, makes sense to have a sell on... But for a player talked about so much, I've just never seen much to get excited about. Pretty sure Fry had started a few Championship games at his age and looked good enough to start for us.

7 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He words things in such a way that he can never be wrong until it's 100%. The guy genuinely posts about 50 variety of the same tweet about a story before it finally breaks. Absolute genius in terms of building his brand and making a living, but if he says something "isn't done" it translates to "I don't know what's going on and nobody has broken it with 100% certainty yet, so I won't commit".

Either way I'm *** myself that we're getting 20m for Spence here. What a time to be alive.

Just got to get the next bit right now 🤞

• Like 1

Nathan Wood reminds me a bit of Harry Chapman. Did not rise to the early noises coming out the club about him.

Does not bode well that since Pulis another 3 managers not been convinced by him. Yes he young but likes of Gibson and Fry had made some sort of mark on 1st team by time they were Woods age.

Be interesting to see if he gets in the Swans team. I wish the lad all the best in the world and hope he makes a career for himself.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Cameron Archer has just scored twice for the England U21s.

If we get 3 out the following 5 I would be very happy.

Gayle, Armstrong, Gyokores, Archer and Balogun.

Ideally I want 2 out the 3 to be permanent but Armstrong, Archer and Balogun will only be available on loans I imagine.

The first 3 on that list would be my ideal selection.  

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If we get 3 out the following 5 I would be very happy.

Gayle, Armstrong, Gyokores, Archer and Balogun.

Ideally I want 2 out the 3 to be permanent but Armstrong, Archer and Balogun will only be available on loans I imagine.

The first 3 on that list would be my ideal selection.  

I'm pretty sure there was a fallout between Balogun and Wilder. Just as he got into a bit of form he was pulled from the team and played maybe 45 minutes from then until the end of the season.

When Fry was breaking through under AK you could tell from his first game what his attributes were and what he needed to work on, with Wood I couldn't really tell you he did OK in cup games but the lower league strikers he was against did pin him quite a lot. 

With a young Dael Fry I thought he just needed to fill out a bit but the composure/defensive awareness was already there, with Wood I don't really think he's improved or taken strides over the past 3 years. 

Best of luck to him though hopefully he tears it up at Swansea, hiding him in a back 3 for a team which dominates possession could really help him develop imo. 

Do the gazette not get much info from the club these days. I can’t remember the last time they actually broke a transfer story, more often than not they’re just re-printing whats being reported by other journos and outlets.

The echo definitely seems more well connected now from what I’ve seen the last couple of years.

• Like 4
Just now, JTG said:

Do the gazette not get much info from the club these days. I can’t remember the last time they actually broke a transfer story, more often than not they’re just re-printing whats being reported by other journos and outlets.

The echo definitely seems more well connected now from what I’ve seen the last few years.

It's becoming common knowledge that Oneboro is the gazettes unofficial source 💪

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?