oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Joe Rothwell on a free to replace Tav if we cash in on him?

I'd love him in RCM next to Tavernier. I'll be shocked if he doesn't go to a Premiership team. 

I think he'll end up at Forest.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

On Akpom, I read the other day, think it was a EG piece that Wilder said it would have cost us over £1m to recall him.

yup, i think an ITK on here also confirmed we wanted him back but would needed to have paid to bring him back.

Personally,  id be happy to have him back, he had one season here under Warnock in which no striker played well, so to write him off from that seems short-sighted.  More than happy for Wilder to have a look at him during pre-season and for him to make the decision.

Also just from a financial point of view i think it works as well. Wilder likes 5 strikers, we have two in Coburn and Watmore, so need 3 more. Looks like we're willing to spend some good money on two main strikers, doubt we will have the money to sign 3 strikers that at a high price, so the 3rd is gonna have been to a cheaper option most likely. Akpom is already here so using him to slot in as 1 of the 3 backup strikers doesn't seem bad to me.

8 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'd love him in RCM next to Tavernier. I'll be shocked if he doesn't go to a Premiership team. 

I think he'll end up at Forest.

Not fancying crooks? One of the first names on the team sheet for me.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, tmcc said:

yup, i think an ITK on here also confirmed we wanted him back but would needed to have paid to bring him back.

Personally,  id be happy to have him back, he had one season here under Warnock in which no striker played well, so to write him off from that seems short-sighted.  More than happy for Wilder to have a look at him during pre-season and for him to make the decision.

Also just from a financial point of view i think it works as well. Wilder likes 5 strikers, we have two in Coburn and Watmore, so need 3 more. Looks like we're willing to spend some good money on two main strikers, doubt we will have the money to sign 3 strikers that at a high price, so the 3rd is gonna have been to a cheaper option most likely. Akpom is already here so using him to slot in as 1 of the 3 backup strikers doesn't seem bad to me.

What was his excuse for the other 8 seasons where he was also crap?

• Like 1
Just now, caseybwoy said:

Not fancying crooks? One of the first names on the team sheet for me.

It's not that I don't like Crooks. He's a good player I just feel as though we could have someone more technical who offers more alongside Tavernier. For me, Crooks was quite poor towards the latter 2-3 months of the season. Personally, I would have him to come off the bench.

I understand he's good to have because of his height and I know he scored 10+ goals from midfield which is great but it shows our strikers up more than anything. If a midfield is your top goal scorer then you're strikers are rubbish. I like him but he's a liability with the yellow cards. He cost us games and goals from giving away stupid fouls. 

I think we could get someone with more energy who's more suited to Wilder's system and have Crooks of the bench.

I know it's not a position we need to improve but if the opportunity is there I would do it. 

• Like 1
Just now, RiversideRed said:

It's not that I don't like Crooks. He's a good player I just feel as though we could have someone more technical who offers more alongside Tavernier. For me, Crooks was quite poor towards the latter 2-3 months of the season. Personally, I would have him to come off the bench.

I understand he's good to have because of his height and I know he scored 10+ goals from midfield which is great but it shows our strikers up more than anything. If a midfield is your top goal scorer then you're strikers are rubbish. I like him but he's a liability with the yellow cards. He cost us games and goals from giving away stupid fouls. 

I think we could get someone with more energy who's more suited to Wilder's system and have Crooks of the bench.

I know it's not a position we need to improve but if the opportunity is there I would do it. 

I'm open to replacing him , think he would be great to come off the bench as a replacement, obviously need someone alot better than him to take his first choice spot, but seems idea for being game changing sub, we saw after his short time out due to suspension he had a great come back and think maybe you would see signs of this from the bench also and if he gets booked its no big deal if he not a nailed on starter anyways

2 minutes ago, notjade said:

What was his excuse for the other 8 seasons where he was also crap?

Agree, he's crap. If you can't score goals in Greece you ain't going to score them here.

If PAOK want to give us £1m-£1.5m they can have him.

Interestingly, Arsenal received 40% of the fee from Akpom's transfer to Middlesbrough due to a sell-on clause.

It also states PAOK have an option to buy this summer. However, it doesn't state at what price.

I know Wilder has transformed 2-3 strikers from terrible to goal scorers so he might give him pre-season and look at keeping Akpom as fourth choice then loaning Coburn out to get him regular first-team football in League 1 or something.

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

We have so many positions to sort out, that I don't think Crooks will be a change that Wilder will be wanting to add.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

I'm open to replacing him , think he would be great to come off the bench as a replacement, obviously need someone alot better than him to take his first choice spot, but seems idea for being game changing sub, we saw after his short time out due to suspension he had a great come back and think maybe you would see signs of this from the bench also and if he gets booked its no big deal if he not a nailed on starter anyways

Personally, I'd have him off the bench with someone like Rothwell, O'Hare, Twine etc starting ahead of him. 

I think he would have a great impact coming off the bench whether that's to see out games or pushing for a result.

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I know Reading are pretty desperate but I honestly can't believe he's managed to find himself another Championship club, I thought he'd have ended up at a League 1 club at best.

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

We have so many positions to sort out, that I don't think Crooks will be a change that Wilder will be wanting to add.

Oh yeah, it's not a priority position. It's just something I'd personally do. 

All depends how much Wilder can change and how ruthless he wants to be.

We need to address GK, LCB, LM and ST positions first though.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?