oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

5 minutes ago, pikerman said:

An interesting discussion with an insider from WBA regarding Gykores. He understands they registered an interest and were basically told it was £12 million upfront or £10 million with add ons which made them gulp a bit. Seems an awful lot for a player with one good half season in the Championship, or are Coventry just pricing him out of the market

Unless he forces their hand I'd expect them to ask for 10. I presume they would rather keep him so no lose for them really unless he becomes unsettled.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than 6. 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

"The Teessiders have spoken to Manchester United about goalkeeper Tom Heaton, and have also held discussions with Leicester City about a potential move for midfielder Hamza Choudhury.

Boro have also been linked with Ryan Fredericks, with the full-back set to leave West Ham United as a free agent when his contract expires at the end of the month."

The "linked" bit makes it sound like its just noise from his agent to drum up interest in Fredericks rather than someone we've approached.

6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Boro have also been linked with Ryan Fredericks,

the hammers news site seems to think its credible who quotes the mail on sunday.
im not sure how we could offer him anyway near the wage he'll probably want, also im sure he'd want first team football guranteed, which isnt possible with jones at the club.

9 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

He’ll go. We won’t want to hold onto him, it’s just a tactic used by us.

Strange that Ornstein is reporting talks ongoing but the Echo is saying no comms past an initial inquiry.

Ornstein is normally pretty good for prem info, makes you wonder whether the Echo is just being fed what to say by the club to try and put pressure on Spurs.

• Like 1
Just now, JTG said:

Strange that Ornstein is reporting talks ongoing but the Echo is saying no comms past an initial inquiry.

Ornstein is normally pretty good for prem info, makes you wonder whether the Echo is just being fed what to say by the club to try and put pressure on Spurs.

No disrespect to the Northern Echo but I don’t think Spurs will be too bothered about what is being written in a local rag. 

1 minute ago, JTG said:

people just filling in the slow news day by recycling everything previously speculated, only juno10 knows for sure

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, JTG said:

The Echo and Gazette side is likely for the eyes of clubs we are looking to buy from, not sell to.

https://theathletic.com/news/djed-spence-tottenham-transfer-middlesbrough/jH7ycYFGpmxb/

Ornstein's article on the Athletic:

"Middlesbrough’s Djed Spence has expressed a preference to join Tottenham Hotspur as the clubs continue to negotiate a price for the England Under-21 international, The Athletic understands.

Spence is contracted at Middlesbrough until 2024 but the Championship team are prepared to do business this summer and a host of sides want to sign him.

The right-back spent last season on loan with Nottingham Forest, helping Steve Cooper’s men secure promotion to the Premier League.

But Spence is believed to favour Spurs over the other interested parties and they are in talks with Boro, although no agreement has been reached.

The opportunity to play Champions League football under head coach Antonio Conte is thought to be a major attraction for a player who moved to the Riverside Stadium in 2018, having previously been part of Fulham’s academy.

Tottenham have already signed Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic and goalkeeper Fraser Forster from Southampton, while they are also closing in on Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Yves Bissouma."

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?