oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

5 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Because of the amount of players we need - 8 to 10 I would estimate- it is a disappointing start to the window. More so after our statement of intent to get bodies in early. I really hope the next few days see a change and we can get some bodies in - and the right bodies who will improve us

I think a lot of teams will have been frustrated that there were 4 international games and u21 games that only just finished this week. And then you have the holidays and especially for those who feature for their country. The market is going to get much busier after next week when most players have returned.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

17 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Blue Training top is very nice - Blue and red stripes down the side of it

Sorry I can't share the photo yet as my source won't let me, but more effort gone into it over the home shirt by the looks of it 😅.

Transfers

Going to be busy few days ahead, very close on a couple and hopefully done by the beggining of next week if not before but can't give names unfortunately 

Notable absentees today at 1st day back. 

Including under 23s from last season, Wilder only wants to keep aroundx15 players. Going to be extremely busy window.

come on juno10 let him post the top 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

There was a bid ready to be offered 2weekd ago but spence wanted to get the under 21s and we agreed to his wishes for the second time and he's now done this. Not saying it can't be done but it won't be done as quick as we want it to be to press on with our bids for the permanent big signings.

I've heard Tav is happy to stay and build around him. Obviously if a substantial bid comes in we won't be able to say no but the figures branded around in press are no where near what we would accept.

what about getting tav to sign a contract or is he just betting on himself and letting it run down? he must have been offered extended terms either now or in the last year. 

The obsession with getting targets in early is confusing to me. Surely it's far more important to get the right players in rather than getting players in quickly?

I understand a full preseason is helpful, but it's far less important than the personality and skills of the players themselves. Look at forests start to last season and where they ended up.

I hope we take our time and sign players who will improve our squad rather than going out and getting players just because they're available. 

• Like 12
15 hours ago, thatoldchestnut said:

He had a contract until 2024

thats his point after this season he has a year left which is dangerous territory if he wants to move on as fee will be less and potential to go for free year after, which I would imagine if we dont go up by then and he been playing great and not signed up would take that as his chance to goto the bank, but im certain he should of been offered new terms for an extension by now, just probs rather run his contract down

33 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We don't play our first league match for another 6 weeks, and our first friendly isn't for another 2 weeks, still plenty of time.

Players are only just getting back from holiday now.

Exactly this. This window is going to be manic because everything is compressed again. Won't be long until the signings start coming in. 

13 hours ago, JTG said:

I’d argue a player from a small South American club who plays for his country’s u-23’s is an unknown. Had anyone honestly heard of him before he signed for us? I hadn’t even heard of his club Banfield.

yeah I agree with this and I would of thought Banfield was some london non league team before we signed him lol

I live in East London, not far off where the Spurs fanbase starts - Spurs fans reckon Spence medical was happening yesterday evening.

Also, talk of Levy doing the negotiating on this as Spence's agent is Harry Redknapp's agent's son and is a friend of Levy's. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The obsession with getting targets in early is confusing to me. Surely it's far more important to get the right players in rather than getting players in quickly?

I understand a full preseason is helpful, but it's far less important than the personality and skills of the players themselves. Look at forests start to last season and where they ended up.

I hope we take our time and sign players who will improve our squad rather than going out and getting players just because they're available. 

Not only that, but the players will be training and maintaining fitness with their current clubs anyway. Yes, it would be nice for them to have the whole summer with Wilder, but it's not like they are just sitting about eating buckets of ice cream until we sign them.

Players like Bamford, Stuani and Watmore have even come in after the season has started and been among our most effective players.

11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

ADFA62D8-04C4-48C9-9278-F10B723E4B7F.jpeg

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This is all true but why would we be still figuring out who the right players are in mid-June if we wanted to get our business done early?

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This is all true but why would we be still figuring out who the right players are in mid-June if we wanted to get our business done early?

We might know the right player, but we have to wait to get the terms right financially. If we go flying in and say this is the man we want how much would you like our budget will be gone in no time. 

51 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Wouldn't hold your breath mate, apart from maybe Lenihan being announced or the Northampton keeper coming in.

From what diggerlad said... Sounds like we won't be seeing much activity until Spence is back from his holiday and sold.

Happy with the Keeper and Lenihan gets the ball moving.

Dont quite get why Spence would do this, suely wants to get the move sorted, just makes him look even more of a t't really.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?