oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Worth pointing out that last year we had only signed Lumley and the mysterious entity known as "Ameobi" before the start of July. We still ended up with 10 new signings. Still very early days.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I wonder what Wilder was told/promised when he took the job. It seems we are having to sell before we buy and that’s great now we have a 20m player to sell but we didn’t in November.

I think this has been forgotten too. I'm sure Wilder would have been promised funds when he took the job in November, which was obviously before Spence really exploded into the wider consciousness in January in the FA Cup.

It makes me think that incomings aren't as dependant on Spence leaving as some people suggest. 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Happy with the Keeper and Lenihan gets the ball moving.

Dont quite get why Spence would do this, suely wants to get the move sorted, just makes him look even more of a t't really.

Have I missed something? What has Spence done to make himself look like a tit?

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Have I missed something? What has Spence done to make himself look like a tit?

Took 'a well deserved break', not saying he dosn't deserve a break but would have though with a 20m move to a champions leaue club back down south in the back ground why not just sort it out.

15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We might know the right player, but we have to wait to get the terms right financially. If we go flying in and say this is the man we want how much would you like our budget will be gone in no time. 

Of course, like I said, that's the agendas of the other clubs coming in. It's more that if we're sat there still wondering who the right players are right now, I'd be very concerned.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Of course, like I said, that's the agendas of the other clubs coming in. It's more that if we're sat there still wondering who the right players are right now, I'd be very concerned.

I think if that was the case, wilder is the type of manager who would just walk. You can tell he is very demanding and if the club didn't have a plan in place when he walked in, they sure as hell do now.

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Barely any Championship clubs have made signings. The market isn't moving yet, it's not just us at all. 

Said before the scatter gun approach is exciting for fans but rarely yields good results

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think this has been forgotten too. I'm sure Wilder would have been promised funds when he took the job in November, which was obviously before Spence really exploded into the wider consciousness in January in the FA Cup.

It makes me think that incomings aren't as dependant on Spence leaving as some people suggest. 

It could be more along the lines of we can look at players who might of been out of our price range when Wilder first joined, wilder might have been promised as an example 1 mill for player A but now finances say we could get player B for 2 mill, so our field becomes a lot bigger with the selling of Spence. Quite exciting times ahead this transfer window hopefully!!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Said before the scatter gun approach is exciting for fans but rarely yields good results

Exaclty. Cardiff have made a ton of signings but how many are actually any good. Nobody of note has been signed by Burnley, Watford, Norwich, Stoke yet.

Apart from maybe Swift to West Brom, I actually think we've made the standout signing in the league as it stands by getting Lenihan. 

• Like 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?