oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, notjade said:

Well I'm basing it on his entire career so far. Which period of his career specifically do you think suggests he's good enough for a promotion push?

He's actually the same age as Bola. Who's to say he isn't going to magically transform into the answer to all our prayers?

If Coulson was going to come good, he would've by now. Or at least shown anything at all

To be honest, I don't think Bola or Coulson are good enough.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, notjade said:

Well I'm basing it on his entire career so far. Which period of his career specifically do you think suggests he's good enough for a promotion push?

He's actually the same age as Bola. Who's to say he isn't going to magically transform into the answer to all our prayers?

If Coulson was going to come good, he would've by now. Or at least shown anything at all

Coulson is half the player Bola is and i think wilder is looking to upgrade on him to. Coulson has no chance at getting on our bench, never mind the first 11.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

And yet we are above giving him a chance to prove people wrong?

People have their opinions on him, don't mind that, clearly he's not had a good season and I suspect he will be moved on.

But to not even want to give him a chance is next level. He's our player, under contract, hasn't played for this manager. He plays in a position we need to improve on. If he turns up in pre-season and hits the ground running, he could solve a real problem for us without spending a penny.

It's just yet another baby and bathwater situation with some people, lad is crap so we won't even give him a chance to impress even though he's on our books until he gets sold.

And yet your response is to over egg what i said? 🤔 I certainly didn't say he was crap, nor did I say he shouldn't be assessed if the manager wants. He has had a chance though to show what he could do at championship level and failed at 2 teams. He has had over 50 appearances in our league too. I am certain he isn't crap, just offers far less than Bola and we need to improve on him too ideally, to be top 2, It is just being logical and pragmatic i thought fans wanted better too.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Coulson is half the player Bola is and i think wilder is looking to upgrade on him to. Coulson has no chance at getting on our bench, never mind the first 11.

None of what you've said here suggests you'd like him to turn up and play *** in pre-season just to get rid of him though. There's two things going on here. People saying they think he's crap, not a problem with it. People saying they actively want him to be crap over being good when him being good would solve a problem for us is bonkers. Wanting our players to be bad to prove them right. It's nonsensical and counterintuitive.

Just now, DocMartin said:

And yet your response is to over egg what i said? 🤔 I certainly didn't say he was crap, nor did I say he shouldn't be assessed if the manager wants. He has had a chance though to show what he could do at championship level and failed at 2 teams. He has had over 50 appearances in our league too. I am certain he isn't crap, just offers far less than Bola and we need to improve on him too ideally, to be top 2, It is just being logical and pragmatic i thought fans wanted better too.

I totally agree with you. I think the only reason both won't be replaced is that we have plenty of other positions to get resolved.

35 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Why 'hopefully not'? Wouldn't it be a good thing if he turned up in pre-season and performed well? Wouldn't it save us a job of entering the market and allow us to spend that money better elsewhere? Why would we actively hope that a player on our books doesn't get a chance?

people make their mind up on players, like I'm open to giving him pre-season see if there something he can use, but then they others who coming back who I've already written off and think CW has written off already too. I do think he must have been considered before shipping him back out on loan as why wouldn't he when he needed the wing backs. But if wasn't good enough then I don't have much expectations for him to stick around.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

None of what you've said here suggests you'd like him to turn up and play *** in pre-season just to get rid of him though. There's two things going on here. People saying they think he's crap, not a problem with it. People saying they actively want him to be crap over being good when him being good would solve a problem for us is bonkers. Wanting our players to be bad to prove them right. It's nonsensical and counterintuitive.

I want him to be *** so we can quickly move on. I don't want a "maybe he's good enough" situation going on while we miss out on targets

9 minutes ago, notjade said:

Well I thought he was good under Woodgate and at the time most people seemed to like him.

He then got frozen out by Warnock pretty much instantly, then thrown under the bus a few times totally out of position (right wing) then shipped out on loan. 

I’ve not watched him at all for anyone else and clearly it’s not worked. Based on what I have seen I think he’s a decent player but he’s had a lot of injury issues so I’m not optimistic he will ever make it for us. But I’d like him to. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, notjade said:

I want him to be *** so we can quickly move on. I don't want a "maybe he's good enough" situation going on while we miss out on targets

Surely he can be back up on a cheaper wage than say Taylor was last season. 

Remember if Jones hadn’t had a semi decent pre season he could well of had the last season that Coulson had.

🤡🤡🤡

3 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

Well I thought he was good under Woodgate and at the time most people seemed to like him.

He then got frozen out by Warnock pretty much instantly, then thrown under the bus a few times totally out of position (right wing) then shipped out on loan. 

I’ve not watched him at all for anyone else and clearly it’s not worked. Based on what I have seen I think he’s a decent player but he’s had a lot of injury issues so I’m not optimistic he will ever make it for us. But I’d like him to. 

He was bang average for Woodgate as we headed to relegation

He had 17 games last season where he competed for the shirt with Bola and did nothing

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I totally agree with you. I think the only reason both won't be replaced is that we have plenty of other positions to get resolved.

I don’t want both replacing, Bola is good enough to be cover and challenge a new LWB.

As for positions other than LWB, we do have important issues to resolve elsewhere, namely

GK (minimum of 1)

LCB

DCM

3 x Forwards

and if Payero goes, (which seems likely given the John Swift interest) so a new number 8 probably as well. Assuming Lenihan is already factored in btw.

2 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Surely he can be back up on a cheaper wage than say Taylor was last season. 

Remember if Jones hadn’t had a semi decent pre season he could well of had the last season that Coulson had.

🤡🤡🤡

Yeah and look how many games Taylor started last season.

We have 5 subs this season. We pretty much need 2 strong players in each position.

Jones wouldn't have had the season Coulson had because Jones is a good footballer

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?