oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 hours ago, DocMartin said:

I can’t understand why people feel Coulson has anything to offer at the level we are aiming for. He has never shown it, I think people over egg him because he is quick and an ex academy product. The only person talking him up was Woodgate and we all know how good a judge he was.

We need to improve on Bola where we can. Coulson is far inferior to Bola so if we want any hope of a top 2 finish we need a better LWB than Coulson, even as cover.

I wouldn't say he's far inferior as a wing back to Bola if he's still at the same level he was under woodgate. As full back there is no debate but Bola was awful as a wingback.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Sorry but even if amoebi was in the shape of his career I wouldn’t have him near the squad. He’s a winger and not even a very good one at that, waste of time talking about him 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

It can't be can it?  Cos he'd have had to retire, and we'd have claimed the insurance on him.  Unless that happens sometime over the summer perhaps.

Yeah, fair point. It just seems odd that, although he's been referenced by Wilder from time to time, as far as I'm aware he's never been seen at the Riverside, doesn't ever pop up in training photos, wasn't at the end of season awards. Even Fisher at least has appeared in the latter two

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is Payero?

Edit - in fact, is there a list of who is and who isn't anywhere?

These are the players I can definitely recognise in the pics

Fry
Dijksteel
Coburn
Daniels
Fisher
Hemming
Crooks
Payero
Tav
Jones
Watmore

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

These are the players I can definitely recognise in the pics

Fry
Dijksteel
Coburn
Daniels
Fisher
Hemming
Crooks
Payero
Tav
Jones
Watmore

Yeah, I didn't realise there were photos until just now.  At least Payero is being given an opportunity it seems.  Feels like it's more likely he'll have a shot next season with him being here now.

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

"The squad is set to be bolstered by the return of more first team faces next week, including Paddy McNair, Caolan Boyd-Munce and Riley McGree following their international duty over the summer."

I take it nobody within the club is complaining about those three not being back yet, and leaking it out to make them look bad?  

What do you mean about the leaking out bit? You talking about the lads on internationals or others?

24 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Foogle will give it 6/10 on that vote thing cos at least the idea of signing him was good 🙃

Well isn't every signing a case of risk vs reward?

The reward for Ameobi was that Warnock stopped whining for a day. 10/10.

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, I didn't realise there were photos until just now.  At least Payero is being given an opportunity it seems.  Feels like it's more likely he'll have a shot next season with him being here now.

the picture of him and Crooks hugging is just beautiful.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

What do you mean about the leaking out bit? You talking about the lads on internationals or others?

I'm talking about Spence apparently wanting a break after playing for England Under 21's, that being leaked out to make him look bad, meanwhile our other players who have been away on international duty have been given extra time off.  I just wondered if the same person speaking to diggerlad was as annoyed with them as he is with Spence...

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

I’m not itk by any means but today a friend of a friend who works in finance related to the club has mentioned we are still in for both Darlow and Gayle with a good chance of it happening. Trying to sort details out but nothing will be said until after contracts have finished end of the month. 🤷‍♂️ just passing on. 

Yeah not to poo on your parade but that's rubbish

Sorry Anchorman GIF by reactionseditor

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?