oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

The same can be said about a lot of our players though we were *** towards the end of the season. 

Dijksteel was good, Tav was good. Howson was steady, McGree was decent in patches. Fry and McNair inconsistent but generally decent. Jones was still good defensively but lost something going forward. 

The worst players (strikers and goalkeeper) are already gone or on their way out. Crooks was the next worst after them, and consistently so for the last 8 or 9 games he played. Honestly, with that form and his discipline record I think he's walking more of a tightrope than people think. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Think it’s more a case of a very good champo player coming up for free. Be silly not to have been in for him.

Agree 100%. Swift is a top player at this level and any club with ambitions of challenging has to be in for him on a free. It doesn’t necessarily mean we are changing formation or actively looking for a 10.

• Like 1

If crooks is fit, he should (and probably will) be starting. People need to start acknowledging the fact he scored 11 goals from midfield. It’s almost like some people think this is the norm and can be easily replaced. It isn’t. He has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, and that isn’t something you can just teach. Sure his yellow cards aren’t ideal, but his general play is very effective for that RCM position. We all love Jones and his form was good when Crooks was on fire as well. There are bigger problems to solve then our top goal scorer and baring the last couple months of form probably in the running to be our player of the season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

If crooks is fit, he should (and probably will) be starting. People need to start acknowledging the fact he scored 11 goals from midfield. It’s almost like some people think this is the norm and can be easily replaced. It isn’t. He has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, and that isn’t something you can just teach. Sure his yellow cards aren’t ideal, but his general play is very effective for that RCM position. We all love Jones and his form was good when Crooks was on fire as well. There are bigger problems to solve then our top goal scorer and baring the last couple months of form probably in the running to be our player of the season.

Yea I’d say the Dijksteel, Crooks, Jones link up was one of the main positives and most Wilder like football we showed last year. More important areas to work on.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I want the Matt crooks who's scored 11 goals from midfield in the side. 

I don't want the Matt crooks who's didn't score in 11 of the last 12 games of the season and also didn't offer anything else in those games. 

It'll be interesting to see how he starts the season, it's his spot to lose.

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I don't want the Matt crooks who's didn't score in 11 of the last 12 games of the season and also didn't offer anything else in those games. 

Yes that’s a fair point. Should definitely be his spot to lose, if his form is crap then fair enough. 

For comparison, Swift only scored 3 goals in his last 18, but did manage a few assists. Maybe we were keen on him to replace Tav 👀

10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Gazette seem to think Payero is staying

That’s good to hear. I think with a full preseason under his belt he could come good 👍 

Howson has been offered contract on reduced terms but is weighing up options as he's been informed we are looking for a new CDM

I can share the training top picture now if you want but you can all see it on the website photos now.

Massive fall out with wilder and Hall after a under 23 game that I posted previously.

Hopefully 2 signings in very soon

• Like 15
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Howson has been offered contract on reduced terms but is weighing up options as he's been informed we are looking for a new CDM

Can't be a surprise to him that we need someone to replace him, he can't play every week.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I agree with the comment about wanting the "good" Crooks, but I think you need to look at why he and others trailed off towards the end of the season. In my opinion Boro had a relatively small and somewhat unbalanced squad and the season just got too long for them, especially with the longer than usual cup run. Teams got used to where the attacks were coming from and the unbalance meant that there were only limited alternative options, which were less effective.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I can share the training top picture now if you want but you can all see it on the website photos now.

Massive fall out with wilder and Hall after a under 23 game that I posted previously.

Hopefully 2 signings in very soon

Disappointed What A Shame GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?