oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I'm the only reliable poster on here, and I never said we were in for Swift.

By reliable, do you mean reliable as in ‘always being reliable to be consistently wide of the mark’ ?

If so, impressive self awareness 😉 🤣

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

By reliable, do you mean reliable as in ‘always being reliable to be consistently wide of the mark’ ?

If so, impressive self awareness 😉 🤣

You make him sound like a Boro striker.

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I reckon we're close to announcing 2 quality signings and 1 potentially exciting loan signing 

Edit - not including Lenihan

47 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Hopefully 2 signings in very soon

It's that brotherly psychic bond....

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Howson has been offered contract on reduced terms but is weighing up options as he's been informed we are looking for a new CDM

I'd love us to be looking at Sheaf at Coventry. I reckon he'd be perfect for us in the defensive midfield role.

• Like 1

I dont think Chalobah style of play suits Wilder system. From what I remember Wilder likes his DM to be quick across the pitch. Chalobah seems more of a laid back DM. Hamza on other hand is exactly a wilder type midfielder imo.

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I dont think Chalobah style of play suits Wilder system. From what I remember Wilder likes his DM to be quick across the pitch. Chalobah seems more of a laid back DM. Hamza on other hand is exactly a wilder type midfielder imo.

Oli Norwood certainly isn’t quick,  he likes someone to spread play to full backs widen the pitch with switches of plays.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

He never really has a DM, just a sitting midfielder like Norwood or Jorginho and all 3 midfielders share the brunt of the defensive work. 

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

He never really has a DM, just a sitting midfielder like Norwood or Jorginho and all 3 midfielders share the brunt of the defensive work. 

Agreed. If anything, the central midfielder is more of a box to box type. Wilder doesn't play with a defensive midfield destroyer type. All three midfielders are meant to disrupt the opponents up high or, if not possible, to sit in a shape and block off the passes.

We don't routinely play with a high-press. We occasionally press if the opponent is struggling a bit and he does like to win the ball high up when we can but mostly we sit in a shape that's quite high up the pitch and challenge the other side to pick a way through or play it over the top.

As far as I can see, the main intent is to keep possession in the opponent's half and keep them under stress. This requires us to be able to move the ball quickly from side to side and, crucially, not to lose possession. Starting with Blackburn, teams have learned to disrupt this by pressing Howson at an early stage and we've never really seemed to be able to adjust.

Our plan B is a direct counter-attack out wide. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?