oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Don't see how it benefits either party for him to come back here even if it does drag on.

Everybody already knows we want rid of him, and it'll just disrupt things to have him hanging about the place waiting to leave.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 hours ago, "KM" said:

Alan Nixon definitely reads oneBoro. 

He's savvy enough for Twitter and Patreon so he definitely either lurks here or has an account.

I know Craig Johns reads our forum as does Graeme Bailey (Hi, Graeme!)

11 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's savvy enough for Twitter and Patreon so he definitely either lurks here or has an account.

I know Craig Johns reads our forum as does Graeme Bailey (Hi, Graeme!)

He does get some info from the north west teams which is normally on the money. Lads at my work set him on a story of Doncaster rovers getting sold to Mike Ashley’s son in law and he put it in the Sunday paper which was quite funny. 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Did we really? Can you tell me what he did in the 30 odd appearances with 6 goal involvements from open play that convinced you that he was good enough at all to play at this level considering he was in a team that was in the top 10 for most of the season. He literally showed nothing for me and even his attitude towards trying to be physical or win the ball was appalling 90% of the time. You could get a free from league one who could offer what he did over the course of the season. He doesn't have the heart or desire to make it in England and his talent doesn't allow him to coast at this level. 

I think some fans just want to be able to sing his song when he comes on. Especially that nutter who got "he's Slovenian" tattooed on him. 😉

• Haha 2

Just out of interest which GK would people prefer us to sign to be our no.1 GK from all of the names linked? It’s between Darlow and Butland for me. I think Henderson probably goes to Forest now otherwise I would have said him.

7 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Just out of interest which GK would people prefer us to sign to be our no.1 GK from all of the names linked? It’s between Darlow and Butland for me. I think Henderson probably goes to Forest now otherwise I would have said him.

Darlow.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I'm liking Butland and Roberts.  I'd never heard of him if I'm honest but bit of background reading seems to be highly rated by the Northampton fans, in hoping he's our new Marlon Beresford

4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Butland would be the best number 1 choice personally we a very good young goalkeeper better than Steele if you remember that GB Olympic debate.

Seems to have lost his way recently and was poor at Stoke with some poor errors but think with him you have a very good goalkeeper who needs some love and arm around him to get him back on track!  

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Of those two, Darlow.

I wouldn't trust Butland to refind his form. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Not linked but i really like James Trafford and Nathan Baxter. Not sure if they would be viable options but imo they would be

edit: just seen Trafford resigned for Bolton

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Simple question the more the Spence situation drags on should we expect him to return to Boro for pre season training?

Yes. It's his job, and we're his employer. And if he doesn't turn up to work, like anyone else, he'll get fined.

I don't think it'll come to that though. I imagine with his playoff and England matches, he'll be off until the start of July at the earliest, by which point a transfer will probably be sorted.

• Like 1

People will disagree because of his age but Tom Heaton would be my 1st choice. I think an experienced GK between the sticks who has rarely shown to be gaffe prone would go a long way to helping us.

Darlow and Butland are both good keepers but if we talking about inspiring confidence i think Heaton inspires more confidence than them both for me.

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Darlow or Iverson no.1 with Roberts no.2

After back to back years of Bettinelli and Lumley I want a keeper to come in and instill some confidence and by all accounts sounds like Butland is not the player he was 5/6 years ago. If reports are to be believed he also sounds like he has an over-inflated opinion of himself and needs a reality check.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Probably the same for me. My concern is that I don't know how good either are with their feet. I know Butland had a howler in the FA Cup this season, but it is obviously unfair to judge him on that one mistake.

Both would be solid options though, and undoubtedly a step up.

I think it'll be Butland now though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

People will disagree because of his age but Tom Heaton would be my 1st choice.

Can't see it happening anymore unless they sign another keeper tbh. Lee Grant has retired and Henderson seems to be on his way out. I'm surprised they didn't move for Sam Johnstone on a free. Clearly was happy to go and sit on the bench and be 2nd choice at a prem club.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?