oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Out of all the keepers linked, Daniel Iverson would definitely be my first choice.

He was superb last season for Preston. He won their Player of the Season and I know quite a few Preston fans and they are absolutely gutted that it appears unlikely he won’t be back this season.

Heaton, Darlow and Butland are all decent keepers and much better than what we had this year but Heaton and Darlow haven’t played much over the last few years and Butland has mistakes in his game. I’d much rather a keeper that is currently on form and full of confidence who is off the back of a brilliant season. 

• Like 3

The more interesting quote comes from Paul Ince!

“Lumley is a tall, confident, capable young keeper and he will be hungry to stake a claim for the goalkeeper position when he joins us at the start of pre-season training this week.”

He's in for a shock that's for sure.

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

The Boro boss will bring in two new keepers of his own, with talks having taken place over Newcastle United’s Karl Darlow, Leicester City’s Daniel Iversen and Manchester United’s Tom Heaton.

Heaton is currently regarded as the strongest candidate for the number one role, with Boro also close to completing a deal that would see Northampton Town’s Liam Roberts arrive as the number two

Are you happy with a League two keeper as a backup?

1 minute ago, Micksyd said:

Are you happy with a League two keeper as a backup?

We had a league two keeper as no.1 for the vast majority of last season

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Alves car salesman quote from the above is taken from the below Echo article:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/20220591.middlesbrough-joe-lumley-completes-season-long-loan-reading/

Heaton as no.1 with Roberts as no.2 I would be happy with.

All they ever do is recycle old news. Give it until tomorrow and they’ll be saying sources claim Jack Butland has emerged as a Boro target. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Changing Times said:

The club have become oddly secretive about things that don't seem to matter much at all.  Contract lengths (and extensions) is another one to go alongside injury status, which at times seems to be an official secret.

There must be something going on in the background with Ameobi. Either some sort of medical issue (which he'd be entitled to keep private) or some sort of legal issue perhaps.

The lack of any sort of official update on him throughout last season at all and the complete silence on him being released just seems really strange.

I know a few clubs tend to be secretive around contract lengths (Arsenal springs to mind), wonder if that is more of a negotiating tool when it comes to selling players potentially. But with agents flying around I can't imagine clubs don't know the details of most players situations these days.

The issue with Iversen is Leicester are asking for around £7 million for him and he's on a long term contract, he'd be perfect but we won't be paying that sort of money for a GK. 

Not sure how Heaton has become our number one option he's not exactly cultured with his feet!

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Alves car salesman quote from the above is taken from the below Echo article:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/20220591.middlesbrough-joe-lumley-completes-season-long-loan-reading/

Heaton as no.1 with Roberts as no.2 I would be happy with.

I agree with that, an experienced keeper as No.1, with a very steady lower league keeper fighting as backup.

15 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

One final time. Cya later Joe!

It's mad that it is all from one season isn't it? 

I will not miss the slow fall he does after the ball is past him in some meagre attempt, happened like 4 times

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Not sure how Heaton has become our number one option he's not exactly cultured with his feet!

As far as I can tell, the issue seems to be that Wilder wants his defence to play a high line which means that main criteria is a keeper who can work as an auxiliary defender. That means being able to read the game well, good positioning and good sprinting speed. Lumley was quick but that was it. Daniels wasn't good at any of those, forcing the defence to play deeper.

He seems less worried about distribution because we don't generally play on the counter.

Boro and Scottish side Kilmarnock have agreed terms over young keeper Zach Hemming. He was with them last season, winning a title, 2 young player of the year awards and got in the team of the season.

He is expected to be announced by Kilmarnock early next week!

• Thanks 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?