oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

10 minutes ago, Humpty said:

He wouldn’t be. Surely you noted how frequently we rotated strikers last season?

Think part of that was because we couldent find a matching partnership

• Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Watmore can’t manage a full season and he’s one of our better strikers on form. The way Wilder wants his strikers to press from the front means there’ll be plenty of rotation. That’s of course unless he changes that tactic.

7 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

I suspect that even if he susses out a preferred partnership we might start the majority of games with the same front two but then still change both around the 65-70 minute mark. Especially with the 5 subs this season squad depth will be crucial and everyone will get plenty of minutes.

25 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Gayle is not going to swap the Barcodes bench for our bench surely

As Humpty has said, he will get plenty of games in the rotation system that Wilder plays, where as at the barcodes I'd doubt that he will be on the bench come August 31st

1 hour ago, scotty189 said:

I'm impressed with the links lcb and poss rwb and I'm happy

I think LCB more than RWB, 

Gibson can play out there, and will probably be more involved with the first team next season

34 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Gibson can play out there, and will probably be more involved with the first team next season

Is this Joe Gibson we're talking about?

6 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I think Bola could fill that LcB role as the overlapping one, he’s a half decent defender and think he could be coached into that role with relative ease. 

he's played well in that position for Warnock - without the overlapping part ofcourse

I don't think Bola did play particularly well in that position under Warnock, to be honest. I think it was partly a problem caused by the lack of options around him but his lack of aerial ability in particular was shown up in that area of the pitch. It's a shame he's not as big as his Wiki suggests!

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I think Bola could fill that LcB role as the overlapping one, he’s a half decent defender and think he could be coached into that role with relative ease. 

Not for me. I’d rather have McNair stay there.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ladyspite said:

Nope, Wilder heavily rotates strikers he did the same at Sheffield United.

Also worth noting Bola was not in any of the training photos released by the club the other day. He could be fixing up a move away. Or there could be an entirely non transfer related explanation for his absence 

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

What makes you think Wilder is going to look at the youngsters more next season? You said the same about the young GK’s at the club but it’s quite clear now we are after two new GK’s. It looks like we want as much experience as possible so I really don’t see a way in for the youngsters. Not in the league at least. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?