oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

8 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Surely the Lenihan announcement will be tomorrow? 

Probably waiting for the away shirt to be unveiled. 😂

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

I suppose he might be off on holiday too, given he's only recently finished international duty.

• Angry 1
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Our internationals are back in at some point this week, so I'd expect Darragh in then too.

Thursday the 23rd is when pre-season fully starts, if the Gazette weren't just guessing a few weeks ago.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

To be honest Lenihan seems to be a formality, I'm less concerned about having confirmation of that and more so concerned with moving Spence on. It really appears to be the domino that needs to fall in order to jump start our more ambitious transfer business.

11 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Lenihan seems to have been at a wedding over the weekend in Marbella.

Who does he think he is going away for a holiday instead of signing for us. He’s no better than Spence 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I really cannot understand why Ameobi is on the Free Transfer list provided to the EFL but wasn't in the comms out out by the Boro comms. 

Surely they cannot just not say anything ever again about him. The Gazette really need to be asking for a public comment of some sort.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

There must be something going on in the background with Ameobi. Either some sort of medical issue (which he'd be entitled to keep private) or some sort of legal issue perhaps.

The lack of any sort of official update on him throughout last season at all and the complete silence on him being released just seems really strange.

I know a few clubs tend to be secretive around contract lengths (Arsenal springs to mind), wonder if that is more of a negotiating tool when it comes to selling players potentially. But with agents flying around I can't imagine clubs don't know the details of most players situations these days.

I don't think it helps negotiating a sale.  The player's agent will know his contract details, and can let any club know exactly what they are.

The whole thing with Ameobi has been odd from the start so I suppose there shouldn't be any surprise that his release is also a bit odd.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I really cannot understand why Ameobi is on the Free Transfer list provided to the EFL but wasn't in the comms out out by the Boro comms. 

Surely they cannot just not say anything ever again about him. The Gazette really need to be asking for a public comment of some sort.

I said above that the whole thing is odd but it might simply be that they don't want to look bad for wasting yet more money on a player.  If we've released him then we must have paid up the remainder of his contract so that's two years worth of money down the drain.  Some will say it won't be very much so it doesn't really matter but I bet it's more than half a million quid that's been spent on him.  Probably about the same or perhaps even more than the amount we'll gain for increasing season ticket prices.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I said above that the whole thing is odd but it might simply be that they don't want to look bad for wasting yet more money on a player.  If we've released him then we must have paid up the remainder of his contract so that's two years worth of money down the drain.  Some will say it won't be very much so it doesn't really matter but I bet it's more than half a million quid that's been spent on him.  Probably about the same or perhaps even more than the amount we'll gain for increasing season ticket prices.

Would the club be recompensed in any way due to it presumably being a work-related injury?   or would it be considered as "just one of those things". Not sure how that side of things works in sport but given that in the past, we have discovered problems during meds that led to transfers being called off, there have to be some safeguards in place...    or maybe that is just too logical 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?