oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 hour ago, DocMartin said:

Never go back.

Cooper and Pallister should really tell us. Gibson is not a good idea

Cooper was decent in his second spell.  I couldn't really say the same about Pallister mind.

It's a difficult one when you're talking about players going back as there will always be a comparison made to the first spell.  Look at Downing, we got promoted with him as part of the squad in his second spell but I don't think he was that good overall, and certainly not a patch on the younger Downing.  But, the only question for any potential signing has to be 'can they make us better now', if the answer is yes then you may as well go for it, if the answer is no then forget about any sentimentality and look elsewhere.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DocMartin said:

I agree that you are entitled to your opinion too. However, he was a liability and was nowhere near the player he was when sold look back the evidence rather than through rose tinted glasses. You failed to comment on Pallister too, was he a returning star as well?

What a load of rubbish. 

• Like 2

I'm also only old enough to remember Coopers 2nd spell. But for me he was always a wily old vet who could be relied upon in a pinch. Wouldn't have started him ahead of the others we had at the time, but was decent cover?

Having just had a look over his first spell, only 1/7 of the seasons were spent in the top division, with 8/8 coming in the premier league for his return. That doesn't inherently mean either period featured a better player, but it might go some way to explaining the perceived disparity in performance.

There’s no way Cooper’a second spell can be described as a mistake, he was with us for a long time in the Premier League and was always very reliable.   

pallister was however clearly finished, he turned like a bus in his second stint. 

some people come back and are bad, some are good, there is no hard and fast rule.  Juninho came back twice, were they mistakes? 

Edited by sackrobson2
6 hours ago, DocMartin said:

I agree that you are entitled to your opinion too. However, he was a liability and was nowhere near the player he was when sold look back the evidence rather than through rose tinted glasses. You failed to comment on Pallister too, was he a returning star as well?

I did not comment on Pallister as I agree he should not have been resigned in hindsight. My memory of Pallister was when he played, which was not often, you could see his quality.

Cooper on other hand was definitely a success on his 2nd return.

This whole topic regarding returning players not living up to their first stint is surely down to what points of their careers they were at when at our club, first time round the players are usually young and there on a upward trajectory regarding performance and ability, when Cooper and Pally returned they were in the latter years of their careers and on a downward slope and therefore not living up to the billing of how they once were.

With regards to Ben Gibson at 28 I'd say for a defender he will now be hitting his peak so we should have the best 3 or 4 years of his career in terms of performance levels, I'd love him to return and genuinely think he will be a top player for us once again.

1 minute ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

That’s three keepers gone now…. Daniels and Hemming left.

Bit in the Echo this morning basically just reiterating what we already know about the GK situation. They reckon Daniels will be moving on before the end of the window too.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

That’s three keepers gone now…. Daniels and Hemming left.

For now, that poster a few pages ago seemed to think Hemming is going back to Kilmarnock (which would make sense).

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Whatever your obsession with me is, can you please stop being contrary towards me at every possible opportunity? Imagine looking to see who liked a post made by someone else and writing a derogatory comment based on it. 

Eh……. 🤔 Get over yourself man 

• Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?