oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Guffie said:

Here we go. Lenihan and Giles by the end of the week and hopefully spence done by Monday. Things are looking good

Darlow, Lenihan, Gibson, Giles, Choudhury, Armstrong & Gyokeres all announced before 4:30 🕟 ..

5F4E84DA-BC8A-4CA6-A721-E2845CA99610.gif

Can’t help but feel they rushed the roberts one out straight after the howson announcement. You’d think they would drag it out a few hours… unless there could be more announcements 

5 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Encouraging comments on this post. 👍

Am I the only one who's bum clenched when we were linked with Roberts...I only unclenched when I realised it was Liam Roberts we were looking at...My tiny brain wizzed back to the cup final with Chelski opening minutes and De Mateo's pass back to our keeper and Ben Roberts missed it 

• Like 1

Happy with Howson signing as long it's as a squad player role.

I just have this concern that because Howson is a model pro/experienced he's always gonna get way more game time than his actual performances on the pitch deserve. Possibly at the cost of other players we'd like to see get minutes like say a Payero.

2 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Am I the only one who's bum clenched when we were linked with Roberts...I only unclenched when I realised it was Liam Roberts we were looking at...My tiny brain wizzed back to the cup final with Chelski opening minutes and De Mateo's pass back to our keeper and Ben Roberts missed it 

You thought we were looking at a 46 year old goalkeeper who has been retired for 17 years?

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

• Haha 1

From Sky Sports

Roberts signs for Middlesbrough

Goalkeeper Liam Roberts has left League Two Northampton to sign for Championship Middlesbrough.

The 27-year-old played every one of the Cobblers' 46 league games last term and, according to manager Jon Brady, leaves on excellent terms.

"Liam was good for us and we were good for Liam," he said.

"We identified Liam when he was available last summer as part of our thorough recruitment process and not only did he do very well for us, we worked with Liam to not just help and improve his overall game but to get his career moving in an upward direction again.

"We were keen to try and keep hold of Liam and we made several good contract offers but in the end the chance to move to the Championship and a club like Middlesbrough was an excellent opportunity for him and I think everyone understands that.

"We thank Liam for his efforts and wish him well for the future. This was not unexpected and we are progressing our work to recruit a goalkeeper."

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Happy with Howson signing as long it's as a squad player role.

I just have this concern that because Howson is a model pro/experienced he's always gonna get way more game time than his actual performances on the pitch deserve. Possibly at the cost of other players we'd like to see get minutes like say a Payero.

Howson playing wouldn’t impact payero. Don’t play same position

30 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

I mean, if they're ordered alphabetically, he'd have been between Grant Hall and Uche Ikpeazu so not actually that surprising.

was a joke, but doubt they do it alphabetically as sure certain players will be settled in their spots 

28 minutes ago, Humpty said:

He had a "Downing" clause in his contract which was activated under Woodgate. He renegotiated it with the club at the end of that season.

I think if I recall he just had a option for another year in his contract what he activated the first time, after that think he has had pay cuts each deal but he wants to be here and live in north east so been fine with everything.

Looked it up and found what I saw on the gazette, didn't mention it was like downings based on games played etc, just comes across like he had the option but maybe it was there to take if he played so many games or stayed so many years.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonny-howson-pens-middlesbrough-contract-18502528

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?