oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

You'd be a long way back in the Queue Behind me 

I dont know what youre in to, but that kinda behavior isnt really my bag and there is no way I would be behind you if you were taking Carol Vorderman 😂

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I hope he doesn't smile like that when he misses a save 😬

How do you miss a save? If he misses it, it’s not a save 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Howson playing wouldn’t impact payero. Don’t play same position

You'd hope that.

But if you were gambling your savings on who would replace say Crooks after his inevitable suspension and you had Howson and Payero on the bench would you place your money on Wilder picking Payero? I know I certainly wouldn't.

21 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Darlow, Lenihan, Gibson, Giles, Choudhury, Armstrong & Gyokeres all announced before 4:30 🕟 ..

5F4E84DA-BC8A-4CA6-A721-E2845CA99610.gif

computer sitting GIF by South Park

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

was a joke, but doubt they do it alphabetically as sure certain players will be settled in their spots 

I think if I recall he just had a option for another year in his contract what he activated the first time, after that think he has had pay cuts each deal but he wants to be here and live in north east so been fine with everything.

Looked it up and found what I saw on the gazette, didn't mention it was like downings based on games played etc, just comes across like he had the option but maybe it was there to take if he played so many games or stayed so many years.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonny-howson-pens-middlesbrough-contract-18502528

He doesn't want to live in the north east, he wants to be back in Yorkshire. The option for an extra year on the same (very good) terms was activated by him playing a requisite number of games.

He was looking to start his coaching badges last year and he nearly went to Huddersfield as they offered him a role that included that and was close to his family home, so you may well see something like that develop this season at Boro. He'd be a good pro to have on the staff at some level.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Now give me 5 league games where he was phenomenal.  Ready, steady, go!  In fact, just give me 3 if you can. 

Everyone was fantastic against Spurs.  Other players have also been fantastic in league games as well though.  Howson's entire season seems to be judged on how he played in that one game.  He hasn't had one game this season where he's stood out, and we as a team haven't played well.  He hasn't had one game this season where he's stood out, and we as a team have played well, with the exception of the Spurs game.

To be fair name 5 league games where he was terrible. He’s a steady Eddie, 7/10 most games. You know what you’re getting with him. I’m happy to see him stay on. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Genuinely surprised nobody has posted this yet

(Or they did when we were first linked with him and I somehow missed it!)

you somehow missed it, it was posted recently!

They did

I posted this yesterday 😞 Glad to know I'm on your ignore list...

• Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?