oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I posted this yesterday 😞 Glad to know I'm on your ignore list...

Lmao nobody is on my ignore list, I just tend to skip through this thread if I've missed a day or two, apologies.

Ah well, we can all enjoy it again 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Sam Johnstone is close to Palace move. Butland will become available. 

im starting to think it’s out of him or Darlow now. Would prefer Darlow

I disagree, I think Iverson is the main one in play for us. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

I disagree, I think Iverson is the main one in play for us. 

Think the issue with Iverson is we have to give him back, I'd prefer a bit of continuity at Keeper for a change.

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Exactly, you've missed it.  Jesus what a derrrrr brain you are 🤦‍♂️

Just like a keeper can’t save a goal 🤷‍♂️ If he saves it it’s not a goal 😉

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, JTG said:

To be fair name 5 league games where he was terrible. He’s a steady Eddie, 7/10 most games. You know what you’re getting with him. I’m happy to see him stay on. 

I can name more than 5 if you like?  Cos I know he's been responsible for us conceding more than 5 goals this season.  He was only our third best midfielder this season, out of three basically, who somehow was voted the player of the year for us.  He's not actually a steady Eddie, that's my point.  People act like he is because they ignore the bad games he has, and the mistakes he makes within games. 

I've mentioned this on here before, he was given a MOTM award in the Gazette in a game once, might have been the season before the one just gone, and the comment was praising his passing.  I couldn't understand it cos I'd watched the game and remembered him giving the ball away quite a lot so I went and had a look at the match stats.  He had the worst passing accuracy out of anyone on both teams.  His passing accuracy in that game was like 46%, which is terrible.  Yet he was given the MOTM on the basis of his passing?  That's the kind of thing I'm talking about, it's like there's some weird mental block with people.  He can be terrible and still be given the MOTM because he's always a steady Eddie.

I actually don't mind him sticking around, I give him a hard time cos he gets let off every time he costs us for some reason, and I don't know another player who we've had who gets the same treatment.  Minor mistakes by certain players get blown up out of all proportion.  Major mistakes by him get ignored.  Being a good pro shouldn't mean not being held responsible for the things you get wrong but somehow it kinda does for him.  I wouldn't even put him ahead of someone like Leadbitter for us personally, and I don't think he's had much more of an impact than Saville did for us.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Just like a keeper can’t save a goal 🤷‍♂️ If he saves it it’s not a goal 😉

There needs to be an emoji reaction thing that says derrrrr brain, just for you Blanco.

Ya big derrrrr brain 🤦‍♂️

David Ornstein stating Nick Popes move to Newcastle should be confirmed end of the week.

If we can confirm Lenihan and Giles by end of the week, then hopefully our no.1 GK spot is resolved by end of the month given situation with like of Darlow Butland and Heaton are starting to become clearer due to other GK activity at they current clubs.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?