oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

16 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Nice interview with Roberts on MFC website. 

Anyone else not get any sound when watching videos through MFC app? Used to have to watch press conferences on YouTube as well as sane issue

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Anyone else not get any sound when watching videos through MFC app? Used to have to watch press conferences on YouTube as well as sane issue

You need to make sure your phone isn’t in silent mode for it to play. That should sort the sound 👍

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I always have to press the unmute button in the top left of the video on the mfc site when I open a video for some reason. God knows why it would be defaulted to mute...

50 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Cracking signing that

Is it? He did ok in the previous two seasons but he got 4 goals and an assist in 28 appearances last year. Balogan did better in almost a third of his minutes and people were calling him crap. Hell even Connollys per minute strike rate was around the same as Woodrow's. 

I couldn't see why people were pushing for us to sign him last summer and I definitely don't know why anyone would think he's a good signing now. 

• Like 2

Heard from a person within EFB Esbjerg (The club that sold Iversen (not IversOn) to Leicester) that Leicester would prefer to sell him, but will loan him out, if no bids come in ... There was interest from a few Championship clubs and I really hope we are one of them .. Class keeper!

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Heard from a person within EFB Esbjerg (The club that sold Iversen (not IversOn) to Leicester) that Leicester would prefer to sell him, but will loan him out, if no bids come in ... There was interest from a few Championship clubs and I really hope we are one of them .. Class keeper!

I think I read the same thing last reason. That they’d prefer a sale but was open to a loan if nothing materializes. That could just have been a journo guessing his way to an article. 

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Is it? He did ok in the previous two seasons but he got 4 goals and an assist in 28 appearances last year. Balogan did better in almost a third of his minutes and people were calling him crap. Hell even Connollys per minute strike rate was around the same as Woodrow's. 

I couldn't see why people were pushing for us to sign him last summer and I definitely don't know why anyone would think he's a good signing now. 

dont think he constitutes a "cracking signing", but hes performed well enough at this level over a long enough period of time that i think he merits the title of decent signing, especially on a free.

• Like 1

I reckon with the number of signings Arsenal are making this summer there is no way Balogun gets anywhere the first team this season. He just doesn’t look ready for the step up yet either. Would anyone take him back on loan? I just don’t get why Wilder took him out of the team when he started doing well. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Donnyboro said:

Injured most of last season mate but he’d have been perfect for the second striker/10 mark Duffy role wilder played at sheff Utd 

My pal is a Barnsley fan and he said he was abysmal last season, played 28 games too so a big stretch to blame it on injuries 

4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I reckon with the number of signings Arsenal are making this summer there is no way Balogun gets anywhere the first team this season. He just doesn’t look ready for the step up yet either. Would anyone take him back on loan? I just don’t get why Wilder took him out of the team when he started doing well. 

I get the feeling this just isn't his game. He went missing an awful lot. Even at times when we needed a finisher to turn up, he wasn't there and it was often Connolly instead.

I think he's got the ability to score goals in the right team and at this level, I just wonder if he's not suited to the way we play generally. I feel like he wants to play on the last man a bit more but not get involved in the build-up or the physical battle, perhaps playing as a poacher instead.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I get the feeling this just isn't his game. He went missing an awful lot. Even at times when we needed a finisher to turn up, he wasn't there and it was often Connolly instead.

I think he's got the ability to score goals in the right team and at this level, I just wonder if he's not suited to the way we play generally. I feel like he wants to play on the last man a bit more but not get involved in the build-up or the physical battle, perhaps playing as a poacher instead.

It did feel like that at times but Wilder wanted him at Sheffield United too so he must firmly believe that he suits the way his teams play but for some reason it didn’t really click, maybe he just needed a little bit more time to settle in? 

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

If that’s the case then I reckon it might come down them loaning him out again. I don’t think he’s necessarily established enough yet to be trusted as no.1 at another prem club, and I also can’t see a championship club meeting Leicester’s valuation. Pretty sure I read somewhere they’re looking for £7-8m.

Sounds like one of those where if it’s going to happen it will likely be late in the window. Suppose it will depend on how willing we are to wait on him while other targets like Darlow might move on.

• Like 2

I'd take balogun to be the other backup striker alongside watmore. I don't think he did bad, just went missing a lot and didn't really seem to have the ability or the confidence to even try to force his way into the game. But I think there are signs of a good player there.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?