oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

But the way you talk makes it seem like you think hes done, To not take a player back cause they didnt set the world alight in 6 months just seems shortsighted.

Hes a hot prospect who was out on his first loan spell in a different club and only had 6 months here. During which he got 3 goals and 3 asssists in 10 games worth of games time. Not that bad at all for me.

Finally, who do we think we can get in better to play that back up striker role? We need to sign 3 strikers this Window, surely he's  not a bad shout as our 3rd striker.

He's not done and I'm sure he'll go on to have a good career

But we can't be affording project players this season unfortunately.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

But the way you talk makes it seem like you think hes done, To not take a player back cause they didnt set the world alight in 6 months just seems shortsighted.

Hes a hot prospect who was out on his first loan spell in a different club and only had 6 months here. During which he got 3 goals and 3 asssists in 10 games worth of games time. Not that bad at all for me.

Finally, who do we think we can get in better to play that back up striker role? We need to sign 3 strikers this Window, surely he's  not a bad shout as our 3rd striker.

Well first of all loaning a player is shortsighted. Do you think Arsenal and Balogun will be happy to send him here as backup and at the same time paying the majority of his overinflated contract?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

Watmore is our backup 3rd striker for me.

Based on your statement "To not take a player back cause they didnt set the world alight in 6 months just seems shortsighted.".........Would you have Connolly back?

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

I think you give Balogun the benefit of the doubt for his first loan spell. The lads got talent. I’d 100% have him back on a season long loan.

It was Connolly’s first loan spell and arguably showed a bit more than Balogun, would you have him back too?

• Like 1

I don’t think he did. Connolly showed endeavour yes but Balogun has bags more talent, that was abundantly clear. There’s much more to come from Balogun, I wouldn’t say the same for Connolly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Watmore is our backup 3rd striker for me.

Based on your statement "To not take a player back cause they didnt set the world alight in 6 months just seems shortsighted.".........Would you have Connolly back?

i meant number 3 as just in back up in general. and Baloguns goals and assists per minute played is higher than watmores...

Connolly had other issues off the pitch, also didn't have the same hype as Balogun and finally, Balogun is flying at under 21 international levels.

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Well first of all loaning a player is shortsighted. Do you think Arsenal and Balogun will be happy to send him here as backup and at the same time paying the majority of his overinflated contract?

back up in a wilder squad is still guaranteed game time, He subs both strikers in every game and had 3 strikers on the bench. he would get plenty of opportunity to play.

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

It was Connolly’s first loan spell and arguably showed a bit more than Balogun, would you have him back too?

In my eyes both were given an opportunity, neither of them took the chance that was handed to them.  Yes Connolly was given more game time than Balogun which you could argue in Baloguns favour, but neither really made enough of an impact for me to want them back, and certainly none of them made enough of an impact to warrant a place in squad that you want to push for promotion this season.

Quite simply, we cannot afford to have any weak links if we truly have aspirations for the Prem.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Would you have Caleb Folan back to lead the line? 

because I bloody would! 

Proven goal scorer - according to Wikipedia he scored 13 from 17 in his last season (in Myanmar) surely that’s enough for us! 
And he’s Irish! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Maybe. But I just don't really see it happening for him. I hope he does well but at some point he's going to have to take a chance, as I don't see him getting game time at Arsenal and he is apparently on a massive 40k contract, so I don't see him angling for a move elsewhere. He's got to make his loans count and he didn't do that here so there aren't going to be a queue of clubs lining up, and if you go on loan and don't get off from the start you easily fall behind in the pecking order. I realise he's young but you can quite easily be forgotten. But then again things can change quickly just look at Nketia towards the end of the season. But there is just something about Balogun that doesn't make me think he's going to have a sterling Premier League career.

He will just go out on loan again, but any loan needs to have great prospect of playing and don't think we will offer them that this year so will be a no go, I do think he will go else where and start to show signs of getting things though, I just don't think we will take the risk. I don't think Wilder will want to take passengers on loan, he will want to take people on who are going to potentially make a difference that he has confidence he can play also so we come across good for future loans.

41 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Darlow is likely on much bigger wages and still have three years on his contract. I googled 30k a week. They likely want his wages off the books to make room and at his age he probably won't have much resale value for the buying club. That should significantly lower his value. However I doubt we can/will match his wages so might need Newcastle to pay him off which might increase the price a bit. I'd much rather pay 6 million for Iversen than 4 million for Darlow though.

Them circumstances sound more like a loan deal possibly than buying them, unless they just using the transfer fee to pay him off due to no transfer request from the player allowing them to ditch the remainder of his 3 years.

30 minutes ago, tmcc said:

never understood how people can write a 20-year-old player off after a 6month loan spell.

Difference between writing someone off and us taking another gamble on him and expecting different. I trust the manager, he seen him day in and day out and knows if he should be in his plans or not. 

2 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

In my eyes both were given an opportunity, neither of them took the chance that was handed to them.  Yes Connolly was given more game time than Balogun which you could argue in Baloguns favour, but neither really made enough of an impact for me to want them back, and certainly none of them made enough of an impact to warrant a place in squad that you want to push for promotion this season.

Quite simply, we cannot afford to have any weak links if we truly have aspirations for the Prem.

And I think even if Wilder does fancy him still they are odds on several strikers he may be able to get on loan or through the door as purchases that he would prefer first. 

Balogun has performed well at England u21 and amazingly in the PL2. They're both incredibly slow but technical competitions. The Championship is blood and thunder, played at 100mph.

He looks like he's got the ability, but is not up to speed with senior football yet. We've seen other Arsenal strikers like Nketiah really struggle at Championship level but then has started to excel at Prem level where the ball isn't turned over quite as often.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?