oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Yids?

Spurs supporters use it to describe themselves all the time ..  but take offence if used by anyone else, not really a level we need to go to but it is their version of Toon Army

10 minutes ago, p_mards said:

A random thought... If Wilder signs all the strikers that he wants then I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see us sell Watmore. He's out of contract at the end of the season and we're planning on signing better strikers this summer, so he's highly likely to just be an impact substitute from the bench for us this season - albeit a good impact substitute. Assuming he doesn't sign a new contract, Scott would surely much rather cash in on him now for £1 million and reinvest it into the squad than him to leave on a free transfer next summer. Sunderland, for example, could well be willing to pay some decent money for him as he'd be a very good signing for a newly promoted club. It would probably only be done towards the end of the transfer window after we've got our strikers in.

man I would hate that, he is class from off the bench and think its key to getting goals and performances off him by just having him play 30 mins at a time. let him cash in himself at the end of the year on a free if he wants to try elsewhere

• Like 2
Just now, Old Codger said:

Spurs supporters use it to describe themselves all the time ..  but take offence if used by anyone else, not really a level we need to go to but it is their version of Toon Army

Yeah it's a weird one. The whole stadium belts out 'Yid army' when they're obviously not all Jewish. A term that's best avoided tbh, as it's historically a derogetory term. Don't think the poster meant it that way but still. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Will said:

Then he should get his mum to give him all of the ITK info and not just bits of it.

Also Juninho23 isn't Mungo, he's a very naughty boy.

His real name is Brian?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Old Codger said:
8 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Yids?

It absolutely isn't. It is a term describing Jewish people, and in the context used, it was perpetuating a stereotype about them, which is behind  a lot of the historical persecution of their people.

I have deleted it, but this is the second time that derogatory word has been used. Please don't use it again, people.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tom said:

It absolutely isn't. It is a term describing Jewish people, and in the context used, it was perpetuating a stereotype about them, which is behind  a lot of the historical persecution of their people.

I have deleted it, but this is the second time that derogatory word has been used. Please don't use it again, people.

get an admin to add it to the swear word list if it dont want to be used that way will save any mod/admin work when it shows up as ****

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, p_mards said:

A random thought... If Wilder signs all the strikers that he wants then I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see us sell Watmore. He's out of contract at the end of the season and we're planning on signing better strikers this summer, so he's highly likely to just be an impact substitute from the bench for us this season - albeit a good impact substitute. Assuming he doesn't sign a new contract, Scott would surely much rather cash in on him now for £1 million and reinvest it into the squad than him to leave on a free transfer next summer. Sunderland, for example, could well be willing to pay some decent money for him as he'd be a very good signing for a newly promoted club. It would probably only be done towards the end of the transfer window after we've got our strikers in.

I can see the reasoning and it would be good business but I hope not, I love Duncan and I think he plays a really important role when he's a super sub.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?