oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

So Gayle is close apparently from what I’ve seen on social media but Gyokeres and Armstrong rely on us selling Spence to fund 

What have you seen ?

26 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Samuel folarin would be my guess.

Spence due back on Monday

Also, I hope they do a big social media reveal for this 👍

Cut to a house somewhere.  The camera goes inside to reveal a complete dump, empty cans and bottles lying everywhere, old takeaway boxes everywhere you look, and some unknown gentlemen slumped on a chair and the couch.  The camera continues it's journey into another room festooned with rubbish here, there and everywhere.  Now we move up the stairs, around the corner to a closed door.  The door is slowly pushed aside to reveal a bedroom, clothes all over the floor, an Xbox or PS5 in the corner, plates and glasses lying all around.  We hear the sound of snoring, but what's this? An alarm clock is going of next to the bed, a hand suddenly appears from under the blanket to swat the noisy contraption into silence.  The figure rolls over, back into the sweet oblivion of sleep, to reveal the lettering on what is unmistakably a Boro shirt,

SPENCE

And once again he will be late for training 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Cut to a house somewhere.  The camera goes inside to reveal a complete dump, empty cans and bottles lying everywhere, old takeaway boxes everywhere you look, and some unknown gentlemen slumped on a chair and the couch.  The camera continues it's journey into another room festooned with rubbish here, there and everywhere.  Now we move up the stairs, around the corner to a closed door.  The door is slowly pushed aside to reveal a bedroom, clothes all over the floor, an Xbox or PS5 in the corner, plates and glasses lying all around.  We here the sound of snoring, but what's this? An alarm clock is going of next to the bed, a hand suddenly appears from under the blanket to swat the noisy contraption into silence.  The figure rolls over, back into the sweet oblivion of sleep, to reveal the lettering on what is unmistakably a Boro shirt,

SPENCE

You forgot to mention looking into the garage to find an abandoned scooter with 1 wheel

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Think that may of been RAF

He didn't say Gayle, or confirm it after someone else said it, did he? 

Just an EPL loan signing with an upfront fee. I thought it's more likely to be Armstrong 

Set a deadline of the end of the month. If Spurs don't cough up and give us what we want sell him for £15m upfront plus addons to whichever of the clubs is prepared to offer us what we want. I'm sure he'd prefer to go to Spurs but if they're unwilling to match what we want accept another offer in the hope of forcing their hand.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

He didn't say Gayle, or confirm it after someone else said it, did he? 

Just an EPL loan signing with an upfront fee. I thought it's more likely to be Armstrong 

Yeah, all he mentioned was a large upfront loan fee which we won't be paying for Gayle.

I can't see who else it can be other than Armstrong that we'd be willing to pay a large upfront loan fee.

I'm assuming by large he'll mean £1.5m-£2.0m.

1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

Yeah, all he mentioned was a large upfront loan fee which we won't be paying for Gayle.

I can't see who else it can be other than Armstrong that we'd be willing to pay a large upfront loan fee.

Yeah, I can't see us paying more than that for a season loan

1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

I can see Spurs looking elsewhere. Levy is not a man who likes to be dictated to. He would cut off his nose to spite his face- no problem 

38 minutes ago, Bruce said:

This is a bit of an urban myth. Wilder doesn't actually rotate his strikers. In the promotion season, Sharp and McGoldrick started pretty much every game they could. He does routinely sub off one of his strikers after about 60 minutes. He only 'rotated' our strikers because none of them earned a place.

In general, Wilder is old-school and doesn't rotate. If you're in the team you get dropped if you're not performing. He doesn't generally rotate players in and out for fitness reasons. If he thinks you're the best option in that position and you can play, you play. 

image.png.e0b620c6cc17c387aa0ae007fcc7d28a.png

i think Wilder does like to rotate, but like you said he usually has a favored 2, but he is highly likely to sub his strikers in nearly every game.

As we can see from your table the other strikers after sharp and McGoldrick played a combined total of almost 80 games. If we were to assume strikers came on for strikers, that would mean that both strikers came off in around 90% of games.

Evidence for this again can be seen in their first season in the prem where 4 stickers played 25+ league games and 5th striker managed 17 games.

In the other season, he still played a fair few strikers, but i was argue that lack of quality/depth in his squad forced him to rotate less than he has done in recent seasons.

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Cut to a house somewhere.  The camera goes inside to reveal a complete dump, empty cans and bottles lying everywhere, old takeaway boxes everywhere you look, and some unknown gentlemen slumped on a chair and the couch.  The camera continues it's journey into another room festooned with rubbish here, there and everywhere.  Now we move up the stairs, around the corner to a closed door.  The door is slowly pushed aside to reveal a bedroom, clothes all over the floor, an Xbox or PS5 in the corner, plates and glasses lying all around.  We here the sound of snoring, but what's this? An alarm clock is going of next to the bed, a hand suddenly appears from under the blanket to swat the noisy contraption into silence.  The figure rolls over, back into the sweet oblivion of sleep, to reveal the lettering on what is unmistakably a Boro shirt,

SPENCE

Expand  

You forgot to mention looking into the garage to find an abandoned scooter with 1 wheel

And a copy of Michael Jackson's 'Bad' next to an issue of 'Attitude' magazine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spence might prefer Spurs to Forest/Brentford... But he definitely also prefers Forest/Brentford to us.

Sounds like we might be in a better position than previously reported. If someone has offered what we want, accept it and force Levy's hand.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?