oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

Evidence for this again can be seen in their first season in the prem where 4 stickers played 25+ league games and 5th striker managed 17 games

Because none of them were particularly effective.  He won't rotate players who are knocking in goals all the time.  It's just not going to happen.  Bringing players on for the final 20 mins won't keep them happy either so it will be a difficult balancing act for him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I can see Spurs looking elsewhere. Levy is not a man who likes to be dictated to. He would cut off his nose to spite his face- no problem 

Levy knows the game. He's done exactly the same thing as us with Bale and Kane. 

We've set a price, if you want the player pay it. 

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Yeah, all he mentioned was a large upfront loan fee which we won't be paying for Gayle.

I can't see who else it can be other than Armstrong that we'd be willing to pay a large upfront loan fee.

I'm assuming by large he'll mean £1.5m-£2.0m.

I mentioned that we are pushing hard for Armstrong, he's keen to come.

Agent was up for talks last week. Covering full wages plus a £1million which further adds on if we reach play offs or get promoted. Scott is pulling a blinder financially in some of tge deals we are offering.

What I find strange is Bausor is involved in spence negotiations and not keiron Scott.

On gayle I was told it didnt move past enquiry stage but I'm sure someone said on here that its progressed since, so I may be out the loop on that deal.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Agent was up for talks last week. Covering full wages plus a £1million which further adds on if we reach play offs or get promoted. Scott is pulling a blinder financially in some of tge deals we are offering.

What I find strange is Bausor is involved in spence negotiations and not keiron Scott.

On gayle I was told it didnt move past enquiry stage but I'm sure someone said on here that its progressed since, so I may be out the loop on that deal.

Hopefully so we can make sure we get the players we want. 

Having Bausor negotiate an exit deal, where we already have 2 acceptable bids, should be pretty safe from screw up 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Scott is dealing the financial side of transfers?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I can see Spurs looking elsewhere. Levy is not a man who likes to be dictated to. He would cut off his nose to spite his face- no problem 

There is dictating and then there is saying “look we’ve got two offers on the table and you need to match them”. Even he would understand that. 

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think they said "we're still in for him", so maybe we got a price and have gone on to progress other targets who we've put higher on our list?

9 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

He didn't say Gayle, or confirm it after someone else said it, did he? 

Just an EPL loan signing with an upfront fee. I thought it's more likely to be Armstrong 

"Strange window so far. A couple of deals agreed with clubs done but waiting for spence money to complete them one a big loan but an upfront fee." - so one of the deals is a loan with a big fee (Armstrong?) the other could be Gyorkeres?

"1 player signed but won’t be announced until after return from holiday (lenihan).

There was indeed a medical today not heard the outcome though? (Giles)

Don’t rule out extra out goings though. Could be big window this!"

How I've interpreted his comments. No mention of Gayle until today.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Scott is dealing the financial side of transfers?

Thought he'd said that was his main remit was sorting out the deals once targets have been identified?

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Thought he'd said that was his main remit was sorting out the deals once targets have been identified?

I dunno mate.  Different things get mentioned but I wasn't sure who was responsible for what.

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Because none of them were particularly effective.  He won't rotate players who are knocking in goals all the time.  It's just not going to happen.  Bringing players on for the final 20 mins won't keep them happy either so it will be a difficult balancing act for him.

im not sure that the strikers were ineffective, they worked well as part of the team, they finished 10th that season. strikers in Wilders's sides are more than goals, he asks more out of them than any other position on the pitch. Its why he has goes with 3 strikers as he will almost always sub both of them off at some point.

Tho i agree he's not rotate strikers scoring all the time, but i rekon he'll still sub them at some point regardless of the number of goals they're scoring.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I dunno mate.  Different things get mentioned but I wasn't sure who was responsible for what.

Did some digging because I remember reading about it:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19845339.middlesbrough-head-football-kieran-scott-riverside-role/

Here's what he says about his role:

“In terms of signing a player, my role really comes in right at the end, and that’s the deal. Of course, I need to see the players and agree they’re right for the club and that the manager is on board, but the shortlisting and scouting, and the early part of the work, is done by the recruitment team underneath."

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?