oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Wherever it is, it needs to be somewhere Coburn gets to play regularly otherwise it's a waste of his and our time.

On McGoldrick, not really the path I'd like to see us take to be honest, and even more so if we're serious about signing Gayle.  That's two short term type signings, if the loan of Armstrong is legit then that's another one.  It's like pushing a fairly big problem down the road rather than fixing it now.  Gyokeres would be the exception to that of course. 

It just seems like a weird transfer window if our business is Roberts on a free, Lenihan on a free, Giles on loan, and then some combination of Armstrong on loan, Gayle on a free, McGoldrick on a free, and then Gyokeres.  Out of that you're looking at one player likely to be of serious use should we get promoted (I know a long way off) but it does all feel a touch short term.  It doesn't feel that much different to what we've been doing over the last few years, which to me has been trying to put together this promotion challenging squad without really thinking beyond that at all.  I could be being a bit harsh I suppose but I thought with a DoF in place we'd be a bit more long term.  I don't aspire for Boro to be like Norwich, and it feels like that's our template at the moment.  Hopefully my concerns are misplaced.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

Come on mate, he specially said an ex Sheff U player was here today and the news article comes out later on saying the exact same 

Didn't see that said, I presume the banning removed his posts, but I'm sure Mungosmum will have called it first.

Incredibly confident he's the troll, you can tell by the way they post.

If I'm wrong, fair enough, and I'd hold my hand up and apologise.

But this whole situation seems to happen every time they rejoin, people tried to defend Juninho10 too.

What did Juninho10 do? Was he just a bit annoying and posted up a bit of rubbish? I saw somebody posted up a racially sensitive word for Jewish people today and get a mild rebuke from the mods - did Juninho10 use racially sensitive language? Pitiful day for this board if I’m honest 👎🏻

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

sign the young lad from Ipswich and send Coburn on loan to them

Why should we consider sending him on loan anywhere until he has been assessed pre-season. It might be a long shot but, given his age, this could be the season when he becomes of age (so to speak). 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Snowblind said:

Aye, he played RB quite a lot when he was a youth. But I imagine our pursuit of Davies suggests we're looking at a specific LCB with a natural left foot.

My (perhaps controversial) opinion is that Fry is far easier replaced in our squad, and the current market, than a leader and player like McNair... Bring in Davies and have Dijksteel/Lennihan/Davies across the backline and Fry wouldn't really be missed, with a back 3 all playing in their most natural roles. 

Are people ignoring that we are supposed to want to have two players for each position? 

28 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Are people ignoring that we are supposed to want to have two players for each position? 

Not really - there was a question about if we had to lose an asset to fund more acquisitions, which would it be - with a list of players. My post was in response to so many saying "McNair."

I'd go as far as to say lose McNair, lose our hopes of promotion. He's a central figure both on and off the pitch. 

It seems the oneboro ducking stool mentality was out in full force today, a new poster whose username upset a few posts something, gets ridiculed and the dogs abuse for it, savagely attacked by the pack only to find out that his prophecy was actually true and correct and that he wasn't a Witch after all. Shame he drowned, still he deserved it as he was obviously a Troll and didn't fit in with the Mean Boys.

Very intriguing and interesting to see who liked the more moderate, reasonable posts calling for fairness and who didn't. Irony is if Juninho23 was a wind up merchant he has had the last laugh, albeit a somewhat hollow victory but if he wasn't then we have just witnessed an ITK poster bullied off the forum.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Borodane said:

I’d be underwhelmed by McGoldrick. At least if he’s going to be ahead of Coburn. We must be able to do better. 

This has to be BS. No way should we be looking at McGoldrick

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Juninho23. If you are reading this, then apologies on my behalf for any offence caused to you.

I don't take social media seriously and I hope you don't either in terms of peoples views and opinions. Hopefully you will return to post soon.

The poor chap can’t return because he was banned unnecessarily. I think it’s time for some mods to eat humble pie and apologise to him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It seems the oneboro ducking stool mentality was out in full force today, a new poster whose username upset a few posts something, gets ridiculed and the dogs abuse for it, savagely attacked by the pack only to find out that his prophecy was actually true and correct and that he wasn't a Witch after all. Shame he drowned, still he deserved it as he was obviously a Troll and didn't fit in with the Mean Boys.

Very intriguing and interesting to see who liked the more moderate, reasonable posts calling for fairness and who didn't. Irony is if Juninho23 was a wind up merchant he has had the last laugh, albeit a somewhat hollow victory but if he wasn't then we have just witnessed an ITK poster bullied off the forum.

Great post 

• Like 3

I was hoping Coburn will get more game time this season/cup game runs too and continue to develop as one for future, if he is not to be loaned out. 

The arrival of McGoldrick, not in against it in the sense of bringing in a 'character/leader' among the lads a la Sol Bamba, it could work out to be a decent addition .. but would be disappointed if him being here gets in the way of Coburn's progress if we choose to not loan him out 

Handy backup around especially if injuries mount up, can't believe he is only 34 ... it feels like McGoldrick has been around forever 🤣

I thought he was about 40+ by now haha ... wasn't until last season I realised he was still playing!

7 hours ago, "KM" said:

I called it as a joke just because of his link with Wilder. Didn’t think it was ever going to actually happen. 😂

But I’m trusting Wilder on this one he’ll have his reason(s) for bringing him in. Reminds me of the David Nugent signing in some way. 

HAAA now your talking...Nugent

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?