oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

Rothwell signs for Bournemouth 

Expected he would make the step up and sign with one of the promoted sides. Good signing on a free for them.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Honestly this fanbase… absolutely clueless and deluded 

I think a fair price is £7-8m guaranteed fee + performance based add-ons 

3 minutes ago, JTG said:

Expected he would make the step up and sign with one of the promoted sides. Good signing on a free for them.

Who does that free up in the Bournemouth squad? 

5 minutes ago, "KM" said:

He isn’t a striker and there’s no way he’s playing in the Championship this season. 

Played most of last season up top for Sheff Utd in a front 2.

And I imagine Wilder sees him as a 2nd striker as opposed to RWB or CM. Wilder said the work to sign Gibbs White for Sheff Utd was mainly done during his time prior to our game v them last season

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Who does that free up in the Bournemouth squad? 

Possibly Gavin Kilkenny if we’re still after him.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, JTG said:

I think a fair price is £7-8m guaranteed fee + performance based add-ons 

8m to an outsider, he's not had a 20 goal season yet

Only worth 16m to Cov fans as he's their star striker

• Like 1

Still not sure on Gyokeres, it's another case of us buying a striker at their highest value, then we'll be shocked when he can't repeat his form.

Fair enough if we're spending 5m on him but 10m is too much of a risk for one successful championship season for me. 

• Like 2

Isn’t it the same situation with us with Spence and Jones? Both had a decent season but fans saying we shouldn’t accept anything less than 15 million. Coventry fans are basically doing the exact same thing but getting called deluded…. And I’d say strikers generally go for more than right backs do. 
that’s not me saying I’d pay that for him but just trying to look at it from a different perspective 

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Isn’t it the same situation with us with Spence and Jones? Both had a decent season but fans saying we shouldn’t accept anything less than 15 million. Coventry fans are basically doing the exact same thing but getting called deluded…. And I’d say strikers generally go for more than right backs do. 
that’s not me saying I’d pay that for him but just trying to look at it from a different perspective 

This… although the player may not be worth that much… It depends what he is worth to the selling club. 

• Like 1

£8m would be a fair price for his career so far, and even that's probably on the high side.

But it's also not a price that would leave you happy to sell him as a Coventry fan, so I can understand why so many are pushing the £16m angle, far more than he's worth and it would allow a rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

But apparently at least 2 clubs are happy with our valuation of Spence.

4 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Gyokeres wouldn't be going to a Prem club though, Spence is 3 years younger and homegrown. I'm not calling them deluded for wanting that much, I'm saying we shouldn't fall into the trap again of spending massive sums on strikers. 

23 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Played most of last season up top for Sheff Utd in a front 2.

And I imagine Wilder sees him as a 2nd striker as opposed to RWB or CM. Wilder said the work to sign Gibbs White for Sheff Utd was mainly done during his time prior to our game v them last season

I’ll be shocked if it was him anyway. I think he’s ready to make the step up in the Premier League with Wolves. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?