oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 hours ago, cornishboroboy said:

Play the same system too. Him and Hardie up top would be ridiculous. 

(Me and my lad watch a lot of Argyle games)

And me... grand kids are all Argyle fans  

7 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Question 

Of all the players that got promoted with us under Karanka .. How many of them were good enough for the PL? 

Gibson and ....? 

Ayala was solid in the PL.

Ramirez too but he was already technically a PL player.

Stuani probably would have been if he'd been played as a striker.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Question 

Of all the players that got promoted with us under Karanka .. How many of them were good enough for the PL? 

Gibson and ....? 

Gaston? Struggling apart from that

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Question 

Gibson and ....? 

Off top of my head, Ramirez definitely. Perhaps Stuani, Forshaw, Friend, Ayala? 

I actually think the team we took up, along with the signings we made, Chambers, Negredo, Valdez etc. was more then capable of mixing it with the mid table boys. I think the off-field stuff was what killed us, both the manager and players. On pure individual skill, I think we could have and should have stayed up.

• Like 1
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Off top of my head, Ramirez definitely. Perhaps Stuani, Forshaw, Friend, Ayala? 

I actually think the team we took up, along with the signings we made, Chambers, Negredo, Valdez etc. was more then capable of mixing it with the mid table boys. I think the off-field stuff was what killed us, both the manager and players. On pure individual skill, I think we could have and should have stayed up.

Playing Negredo up front on his own was what killed us 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Playing Negredo up front on his own was what killed us 

Who did we play behind him? I can’t even remember.. Mix of Stuani, Downing, Traore and Ramirez? Or did we play 433?

7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Who did we play behind him? I can’t even remember.. Mix of Stuani, Downing, Traore and Ramirez? Or did we play 433?

I'm sure De Roon ended up playing furthest forward for us in midfield for a while, bizarrely?

11 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

More of a 4231 

Barragan  Chambers Gibson Friend

Leadbitter Clayton 

Stuani              De Roon           Fischer/ Ramirez

Negredo 

Ramirez didn't like playing down the left if I remember rightly. He preferred to play centrally 

19 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ayala was solid in the PL.

Ramirez too but he was already technically a PL player.

Stuani probably would have been if he'd been played as a striker.

Based on his 14 appearances?

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?