oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm not sold at all on McGoldrick. As @Changing Times said, I expected us to have a bit more long-termism with Scott in place and the new model. 

But having said that, we need to bring in a fair number of players this summer, so if we get in 5/6 permanent, young, long term signings, having the odd freebie old timer in there to balance it out isn't the end of the world, especially if it allows Coburn to go and get games somewhere, as others have said. Would like to see him go to League 1 and really challenge himself.

Do you really think we can find players that can cut the PL mustard too? Hence why I earlier asked the question of how many of our promotion winning players were good enough? 

If we plan to stay in this division, yes we surely should think for the future ... 

But as I see it now .. There is a great opportunity that we can actually smash the league this time ... We get players we want, cause Wilder pulls strongly ... And we have a competent manager, not a Donkey 🐴 

I think McGoldrick can do a job ... Is a cheap option ... And wouldn't carry big wages into the prem, jf we go up ...  

Gather a team of skilled players that can help us get promotion, then we have to make s total revamp anyway after ...

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Do you really think we can find players that can cut the PL mustard too? Hence why I earlier asked the question of how many of our promotion winning players were good enough? 

If we plan to stay in this division, yes we surely should think for the future ... 

But as I see it now .. There is a great opportunity that we can actually smash the league this time ... We get players we want, cause Wilder pulls strongly ... And we have a competent manager, not a Donkey 🐴 

I think McGoldrick can do a job ... Is a cheap option ... And wouldn't carry big wages into the prem, jf we go up ...  

Gather a team of skilled players that can help us get promotion, then we have to make s total revamp anyway after ...

I would at least hope they tried to bring players in that could also step up to the premier league instead of bringing too many short term solution so we have to go through it all again next summer regardless of which division we’re in. I’m not against a couple but it’s looking like a fair few loans will come in so to top it off with a 34 year old short term solution just seems a bit over the top. It’s not really mcgoldrick that I’m against, but I’m wary of too many short term solutions. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I would at least hope they tried to bring players in that could also step up to the premier league instead of bringing too many short term solution so we have to go through it all again next summer regardless of which division we’re in. I’m not against a couple but it’s looking like a fair few loans will come in so to top it off with a 34 year old short term solution just seems a bit over the top. It’s not really mcgoldrick that I’m against, but I’m wary of too many short term solutions. 

think its nearly impossible for a championship without parachute payments to aqquire a player who could step up to the prem as most players who can make the step up are usually already playing the prem and would cost a fortune. so were forced to take punts on good proven championship-level players.

Also hard to tell who can make the step as the quality gap is huge. Gayle is 20-30+ goal a season striker in the champ, but has never really come close to cutting in the prem. Ben Gibson was the best defender in the championship in the years he spent with us including our promotion. Yet, he hasn't really cut the mustard in the prem.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Ofc .. That would be ideal, to buy players who can cut the mustard ... 

But for now ... This feels like a one in a million chance this coming season ...  

And I am sure we will get the kind of signings you and others would like too ... But I guess the easy deals go first, like we see ...  

I trust fully in Wilder's plan ...  

Like tmcc also just wrote ... It's vey hard and expensive to find PL quality ... There's the odd Ramirez, who had issues ... And some others ... 

Mitrovic is a good example ... He absolutely smashes the championship but cannot be considered nothing but a bottom half PL player at best ... 

So I want us to be careful ...not to buy a load of good championship players on long term contracts, unless we want to stay in this division or plan on getting relegated in a jiffy 

It has to be a good balance of the two sides you and I represent when discussing strategy.   

Half full/half empty ... 

Just now, DurhamRed said:

I don't see the point in loaning out payero honestly as if he goes we need to sign another midfielder 

18 month loan doesn’t really make sense either to be honest. Can’t see it being true

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?