oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Got to hope the north east pull and the guarantee of more game time swings it. 🤞

Didn't one of the ITK on here say the other day he was pushing to come here?

6 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I think we should walk before we can run. All of those signings bar Mcgoldrick are very good players for a small initial outlay. If we do manage to go up I pretty much convinced Gibson would be more ambitious than the Norwich board but we need to actually get up and we will only do that quickly by signing players who can do a job straight away for us and are used to the league imo. I do get what your saying as far as we should be looking at players who we think can develop and become prem players but I think while there are the likes of Lenihan and Gayle available on frees and the fact we need bodies in this season I think they are good signings who will fit in with our system this season.

I wouldn't like to see us signing short term players for the next couple of seasons but given the turnover and a new manager this season I think it makes sense now to get the right players in for the here and now while they are available for free/loan. 

Using you analogy, my concern is that we are learning to hop rather than walk, and that when the time comes when we need to run, we'll just be left having to try and hop really quickly.

What an utter waste of money Payero was.

Not really his fault for the main part, but that option to buy won't be taken up, I bet.

Just gifting him to them for 18 months.

13 minutes ago, JTG said:

Got to hope the north east pull and the guarantee of more game time swings it. 🤞

Didn't one of the ITK on here say the other day he was pushing to come here?

That's the story that was going around. His partner is pregnant and she's also a geordie 

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

What an utter waste of money Payero was.

Not really his fault for the main part, but an option to buy won't be taken up, I bet.

This is mad if true, isn't it. He was signed on a 3 year deal wasn't he? So 18 months from now, when he has 6 months left on his deal, why the *** would they take up the option to buy!? 😂

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

This is mad if true, isn't it. He was signed on a 3 year deal wasn't he? So 18 months from now, when he has 6 months left on his deal, why the *** would they take up the option to buy!? 😂

Unless it is agreed before he goes. They will also have to pay for the loan period I would think.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah rumour doesn’t sound true to me. 18 months is bizarre

4 hours ago, MikeyBoro said:

The reaction to the McGoldrick link is very reminiscent of when we’d been linked to Rhodes and McCormack all summer and then signed David Nugent, who was at the time an unfashionable signing but was ultimately key to our promotion 

He wasn't really though, was he.  In fact, the key to our promotion, aside from the great defence, was signing Ramirez and the aforementioned Rhodes.  Ramirez got 7 goals in 11 games I think, with Rhodes about 6 in 13.  Nugent started 5 of our last 17 games, in fact, from the start of 2016 onwards he started only 9 times, scoring 3 goals in the process (also 4 assists).  Is that reflective of someone who was key to a promotion?  

Edited by Changing Times
4 hours ago, p_mards said:

Excitement appears to be a lot of fans sole barometer of whether a signing is considered good.

To be fair, every move Boro make at the moment you think is fantastic so you're hardly one to talk.  I wouldn't call Lenihan or Roberts exciting signings but people seem reasonably happy with both.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?