oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Missed a trick there in my opinion

Even if we were in for him, I don't think we could compete with Burnleys financial package.

People talk about Burnley financial plight but they spent 6yrs in PL so they not exactly looking behind the sofa trying to put £1 together. Vincent Kompany would not be risking his early managerial career if that was the case

Also got to remember the vast savings they will now make on wages given they big earners are leaving.

We cant afford to risk £4m on a league 1 player but I feel Burnley can afford to take that risk. And that is before we talk wages, which I imagine is something else we cannot compete on.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Even if we were in for him, I don't think we could compete with Burnleys financial package.

People talk about Burnley financial plight but they spent 6yrs in PL so they not exactly looking behind the sofa trying to put £1 together. Vincent Kompany would not be risking his early managerial career if that was the case

Also got to remember the vast savings they will now make on wages given they big earners are leaving.

We cant afford to risk £4m on a league 1 player but I feel Burnley can afford to take that risk. And that is before we talk wages, which I imagine is something else we cannot compete on.

Seen an interesting comment about twine being a bad fit. Apparently kompany plays a style which doesn’t suit twine or what Mk Dons were doing last season. So be interesting to see what happens with that fit 

Alan Nixon reckons Sheff United and Blackburn are going for a left sided centre back called Anel Ahmedhodzic from Malmo, was on loan at Bordeaux playing in a back 3 last season. Wonder if we are interested too given that it’s a position we’re looking at.

Can’t say I know anything about him though!

3 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

Alan Nixon reckons Sheff United and Blackburn are going for a left sided centre back called Anel Ahmedhodzic from Malmo, was on loan at Bordeaux playing in a back 3 last season. Wonder if we are interested too given that it’s a position we’re looking at.

Going off football manager. Unbelievable 😂

4 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

I think we have been linked to him before 

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I don't necessarily know that we couldn't compete for Burnley if we were dead set on him and he was our number 1 target but I do think it was getting a bit daft when there's talk of the fee potentially going as high as £5m. I've not really seen anything to indicate that our interest was ever that serious in him.

The more I thought about it I don't know that he would really suit the way we set up. He doesn't seem like an out and out striker, and I don't think he'd contribute enough defensively to play Tav's position. Think he played on the left at times for MK Dons last season and we don't play with wingers.

I do rate him though. I'm surprised he's went to Burnley because he seems quite switched on. Apparently he turned down championship interest last season when he left Swindon. Burnley seem by far and away the last attractive of the three relegated sides IMO.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Darlow in by the end of next week

Club pushing hard to get Armstrong and Hamza Choudhury in

Trying to get Gyokores on a permanent still but we're way off Coventry's valuation.

What about LCB? 

And if Payero goes,, do we replace him or give Joe Gibson a chance? 

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Darlow in by the end of next week

Club pushing hard to get Armstrong and Hamza Choudhury in

Trying to get Gyokores on a permanent still but we're way off Coventry's valuation.

By end of next week do you mean Friday 1st July or Friday 8th July?

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Any idea how much exactly it is they're after for him?

18 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

What about LCB? 

And if Payero goes,, do we replace him or give Joe Gibson a chance? 

Gibson is a right wing back. Not really the same position as payero. Would hope we would be looking to replace him

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Gibson is a right wing back. Not really the same position as payero. Would hope we would be looking to replace him

He can play RWB and RCM, he spent 2nd half of the u23 season at RCM

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?