oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

34 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Watching some of his interviews and his experience and philosophy, QPR might have got themselves a talented coach, they say he was the main reason Rangers success and Villas progress Gerrard basically said so.

You put way too much faith into Rangers and Celtic.

Have Villa make actual progress under Gerrard yet?

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Reading the Gazette and Echo articles I would think we have a few more deals done than have been announced. I reads like the goalkeeper is done. But that he's pretty sure are nearly there on a few others.

We certainly seem to have got things working. Hopefully it lasts longer than the Orta and Karanka model. That did well for a while and fella apart when we got promoted.

5 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Reading the Gazette and Echo articles I would think we have a few more deals done than have been announced. I reads like the goalkeeper is done. But that he's pretty sure are nearly there on a few others.

We certainly seem to have got things working. Hopefully it lasts longer than the Orta and Karanka model. That did well for a while and fella apart when we got promoted.

Certainly sounds like the keeper is done, expecting Darlow to be announced in the next few days

Roberts 

Lenihan

Giles

No 1 keeper 

LCB

Sub right wing back 

Replacement for Payero

3 strikers

thats my Upto 10 players and then if any other core players leave they will need replacing too but hopefully not 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

Roberts 

Lenihan

Giles

No 1 keeper 

LCB

Sub right wing back 

Replacement for Payero

3 strikers

thats my Upto 10 players and then if any other core players leave they will need replacing too but hopefully not 

Actually I would make it 11 we need competition for Howson in defensive midfield 

2 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Actually I would make it 11 we need competition for Howson in defensive midfield 

I think he’s going to put McNair or djiksteel there see how they do in pre season

• Like 1

I'd just like some movement on the striker front now, 6 days till our first friendly.

Though I'm sure Coburn and Watmore could face the might of Bishop Auckland readily enough, I'd prefer at least one of the targets to be here before the Portugal trip.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd just like some movement on the striker front now, 6 days till our first friendly.

Though I'm sure Coburn and Watmore could face the might of Bishop Auckland readily enough, I'd prefer at least one of the targets to be here before the Portugal trip.

Going away to Portugal is probably a bit vital for the whole pre-season campaign as it gives the team and coaches a really good chance of working on some stuff in a closed and intense invironment. I'd want the keeper and two strikers in by then. Especially the strikers as their way of playing is so important for us. We really need to nail it this season.

When are they leaving for Portugal?

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Going away to Portugal is probably a bit vital for the whole pre-season campaign as it gives the team and coaches a really good chance of working on some stuff in a closed and intense invironment. I'd want the keeper and two strikers in by then. Especially the strikers as their way of playing is so important for us. We really need to nail it this season.

When are they leaving for Portugal?

Saturday 9th of July for a week.

So just under two weeks to bring a few in for that.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Saturday 9th of July for a week.

So just under two weeks to bring a few in for that.

Ahh ok, I thought it was next week. Plenty of time then. I'd expect us to have a keeper and two forwards in by then and hopefully have moved on Spence, Akpom, Hall and Ikpeazu by that time too. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?