oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I wonder if any clubs in Spain would fancy Payero

Honestly think he'll stay here and it's all just noise. How many potential replacements have we been credibly linked to? None off the top of my head.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Will said:

The quote that flashes along the bottom translates to "My priority is to stay in Europe", so I think that rubbishes any loan back to Argentina.

Which would also be best for us. If we are indeed looking to loan him out a move to a lower half club in La Liga or Serie A would be good for us. Well a straight sale would be best, but we've just seen with Spence that a succesful loan spell in a league that has a bit of money and attention can be good. Maybe add a year to his contract to protect that investment.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

Honestly think he'll stay here and it's all just noise. How many potential replacements have we been credibly linked to? None off the top of my head.

I'd like him to stay here, obviously. Don't think Wilder trusts him to be able to play the way he wants him to though and also Wilder only wants players in the first team who can speak English.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'd like him to stay here, obviously. Don't think Wilder trusts him to be able to play the way he wants him to though and also Wilder only wants players in the first team who can speak English.

We dont know what his English is like now to be fair, he's been learning it for a year. Surely all he needs is enough to comfortably get by on a football pitch and understand what wilder yells at him.

Also if he goes on loan in Europe it's more likely to be to leagues that play similarly to ours. German and Dutch leagues are the obvious choices

IIRC one of the requirements for getting a work permit was that he had to learn a decent standard of English within a certain time period (maybe a year?), so he should at least be at the stage now where he can communicate with his teammates fairly well and understand football language.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

IIRC one of the requirements for getting a work permit was that he had to learn a decent standard of English within a certain time period (maybe a year?), so he should at least be at the stage now where he can communicate with his teammates fairly well and understand football language.

Looks like I'm getting deported along with half of this forum, got a spare room @SmogDane🤠

• Haha 3

Obviously don't know what the full interview says (as if nobody can translate!) but "I want to stay in Europe" puts to bed returning home... but also potentially confirms interest to leave for somewhere else in Europe.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Obviously don't know what the full interview says (as if nobody can translate!) but "I want to stay in Europe" puts to bed returning home... but also potentially confirms interest to leave for somewhere else in Europe.

Or he might mean to stay at Boro? 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?