oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:
3 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Be a decent signing smith good back up for Jones 

Seems like a RB/CB so I'm thinking it might be back-up for Dijksteel.

Surely Dijksteel himself will be back-up for Lenihan?

Just now, Blanco said:

Or he might mean to stay at Boro? 

He might but if we were to hear that in English, if somebody says their priority is to 'stay in Europe', that enhances the rumour that they're willing to move elsewhere within Europe. If they wanted to stay at Middlesbrough, they'd say they want to 'stay at Middlesbrough', not 'in Europe'.

But as I said, context could be lost because I don't speak Spanish. 😄

Just now, Tom said:

I think dijksteel’s pace is vital at the back. I presume Lenihan is back up for fry or dijksteel 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Or he might mean to stay at Boro? 

Could really do with someone with a decent grasp of Spanish to translate the full interview, I don't hear the exact words that are in quotations so the show could be paraphrasing something else he said.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

I think dijksteel’s pace is vital at the back. I presume Lenihan is back up for fry or dijksteel 

Lenihan isn't backup for anyone. First name on the team sheet.

Tommy Smith would be a very solid signing, I'd be happy with that.

• Like 5
Just now, RiversideRed said:

Lenihan will be starting CCB. He’s a leader, physical and good on the ball. Wilder has been after him for years.

I love Fry but he’s too soft and can never play a full season.

My thoughts exactly

• Like 2
Just now, Tom said:

After the way he finished last season? I doubt it. He's the only CB in the squad who's shown any consistent capability of doing the overlap. I'd be quite shocked to see Dijksteel dropped from the starting 11 for someone who doesn't look like they can do that.

Lenihan for me is Bamba's replacement. Said it before but it's not like Fry plays every game. You can seemingly guarantee he gets a knock or something throughout a season. Smith, as somebody else said, would likely be Peltier's replacement.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

There’s no way Djiksteel shouldn’t be starting as first choice. He was probably our best defender in the second half of last season? 

• Like 8

I must say every time I’ve watched Smith I’ve been pleasantly surprised how good he is going forward. It certainly makes sense on a free. 

That could be McGoldrick and Smith through the door today with Gayle and Darlow to follow. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?