oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

So does anyone know if Spence has returned for training today? 

No. His last game for England u21 was only 2 weeks today and he wont be back until next Monday, 4th July at the earliest I believe. Possibly even Monday 11th July.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

Because Wilder has repeatedly said he wants left-footed defenders. We've been linked with multiple DM's so it's clear we're looking to bring in a CDM. 

Fry won't be starting LCB because he'd too slow to play wide. McNair won't start there because we need a left-footer.

Fry is too soft and not physical enough hence why we've signed Lenihan for the central position.

Dijksteel will start RCB because of his pace and ability to overlap.

I like McNair, but can see him being sold if we receive an offer of £5m/£6m for him. Dijksteel is younger and arguably better suited to Wilders system. I also don't think McNair is that great in CDM.

I'm not sure why you started your post with 'Because'. It seems like a disagreement with what I said, but your following comments don't address the point I made. 

I quoted your comment and was contributing to the current topic in the thread.

Either way if McNair is starting LCB first game of the season we've had issues with recruitment.

He only played LCB last season because we had zero left footed players for that position.

An issue which should be addressed this summer.

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

I quoted your comment and was contributing to the current topic in the thread.

Either way if McNair is starting LCB first game of the season we've had issues with recruitment.

He only played LCB last season because we had zero left footed players for that position.

An issue which should be addressed this summer.

Isn't he banned anyway?

1 hour ago, Birdie said:

Why assume McNair is going to play RCB. Every game I recall watching he either played centrally or on the left. Howson was used as RB/RWB or RCB. If McNair's going to paired with any position I would expect it to be DM. 

The reason I assume he'll be playing RCB is because he's a centre back who's right footed. I expect the recruitment team to sign at least one, possibly two left-footed defenders so we aren't having to play players out of position. CDM I agree he can do but again would hope we sign someone this summer with the long-term in mind to rotate with Howson and then take over from him next summer.

51 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

I wouldn’t say ‘Fry needs dropping’ but he is far from undroppable and if Lenihan comes in and looks the solid leader we all expect him to be I think it’s Fry’s place in the starting line up that is most under threat. It’s a good one for Wilder to navigate and think about. I would rather him have hard decisions than easy ones. Shows we are building a strong squad. 

If Lenihan comes in and outperforms Fry when he gets his chance and takes his spot I think premier league football will be beckoning for him and a decent transfer fee for us. 

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

If Lenihan comes in and outperforms Fry when he gets his chance and takes his spot I think premier league football will be beckoning for him and a decent transfer fee for us. 

I reckon Lenihan will definetly start and Dijksteel should too. Unsure who the left sided  centre back will be but we will see! 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Will said:

Could really do with someone with a decent grasp of Spanish to translate the full interview, I don't hear the exact words that are in quotations so the show could be paraphrasing something else he said.

I speak Spanish mate.  The part that most caught my eye in the interview was the following, which seems to indicate quite clearly what he wants to do: Quiero quedarme en Middlesbrough.  Me encanta la pally fanny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13
Just now, AllBoro10 said:

I reckon Lenihan will definetly start and Dijksteel should too. Unsure who the left sided  centre back will be but we will see! 

I don't think he will be starting over Dijksteel or Fry. Obviously one gets sold then that's a different matter but I don't see us getting an acceptable offer for either.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I speak Spanish mate.  The part that most caught my eye in the interview was the following, which seems to indicate quite clearly what he wants to do: Quiero quedarme en Middlesbrough.  Me encanta la pally fanny.

For me the most astonishing quote from that interview was this one:

"¿Sabías que Boro casi firma a Jed Wallace cuando firmaron a George Saville?"

Shocking. Truly shocking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?