oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

None of them really need replacing though. It’s just more money in wages for us to use on our targets. We need 2 strikers anyway as a minimum, probably 3 and Hall is just a waste of a space and same with Coulson. It’s just bonus money for us really to play with. Always gonna leave.

With Bola and Payero though we would need to replace them 

While i agree with that, we surely cant get rid of them and start the season with 17/18 players. 

Be interesting to see how much of the money spent on uche and akpom we make back..

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Why would we give him another week holiday? Is it to keep him out of Rockcliffe?

I was under the impression that him being away was also holding up any movement! Maybe that was superseded by the fact a valuation cannot be agreed upon?

8 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Not a fan of how he’s worded that last line though. It’s the going rate. High valuation my *** 

Well, if as we believe, 2 other clubs have agreed our valuation (Forest and Brentford?), then it is definitely the going rate and he can only mean that our “high” valuation is a problem with Mr. Levy!
On the other hand, if Forest and Brentford have accepted our valuation, then it is fairly common for the selling club to announce that they have accepted a bid, or bids. Even if it wasn’t Spences choice, saying that would pressurise Spurs. That hasn’t happened in this case, so maybe Forest and Brentford are offering lower amounts or haven’t actually put in a firm bid in writing - which means no one has yet accepted our valuation as being the market value.

remember market value is what people are willing to pay, not what any oTher player actually went for. Our desire to move Spence on quickly in order to do other deals is sure to be used by any prospective purchaser - not just Spurs.

3 minutes ago, PayeroAndParty said:

While i agree with that, we surely cant get rid of them and start the season with 17/18 players. 

Be interesting to see how much of the money spent on uche and akpom we make back..

Well we are obviously signing players before the season starts. We know that anyway? 

Just now, AllBoro10 said:

Well we are obviously signing players before the season starts. We know that anyway? 

Yeah i just mean getting rid if we don't already have deals lined up, hall etc agree with but bola and payero over a season you'd think would have some sort of contribution, that's all.

6 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

At this rate we will have less players on our books than Derby 

Yeah, I’m not sure we are going to hit the ground running this season. Lots of bedding in to do.

5 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Allegedly we are getting fed up with the antics from Levy and his boys. Forest believe they have a chance of getting him. Might makeSpurs realise it is not the only venue interested in him

Can see that happening as well

Just now, El Guapo said:

Yeah, I’m not sure we are going to hit the ground running this season. Lots of bedding in to do.

As Forest proved last season, you can have a terrible start and still get promoted!

• Like 1

Of all the people linked with moves away I'd probably keep Payero and Uche...

Payero has the IT factor we just need to get it out of him

Uche brings something completely different. If we're having 5 strikers there's a spot for him. He's huge and works hard.

• Like 10
1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Of all the people linked with moves away I'd probably keep Payero and Uche...

Payero has the IT factor we just need to get it out of him

Uche brings something completely different. If we're having 5 strikers there's a spot for him. He's huge and works hard.

Yeah id keep Uche aswell, but i suspect he fancies starting some games so no point if hes unhappy

Out of those players being linked with moves away that we'd realistically look to move on the only one I'd keep is Payero because he has potential and is probably the best technical player at the club. He's got a brilliant range of passing. I'd love to see him get a proper chance under Wilder. I think he would surprise him.

The rest aren't good enough. I like Bola and Uche but they simply ain't good enough for Wilders system.

14 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Why would we give him another week holiday? Is it to keep him out of Rockcliffe?

I was under the impression that him being away was also holding up any movement! Maybe that was superseded by the fact a valuation cannot be agreed upon?

We aren't giving him an extra week, that is just when he's due back. His season only finished a couple of weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

With Bola and Payero though we would need to replace them 

I'm not so sure that Payero is viewed by Wilder as someone who needs to be replaced. Payero made 12 appearances in the Championship last season compared to 11 for JLS yet I doubt any of us thinks that we need to replace JLS. Granted Payero had more minutes and looked a better footballer in general but I don't think Wilder sees him as anything other than dispensable. If he is still here and knuckles down he may have a part to play. I'm not sure if he is one of the first teamers Wilder has put a bomb under or one of the attitude over ability group or both?

Bola I think would make a good back up. He is competent at this level but his fitness issues of late have hampered him. A fully fit Bola defends well and still manages to get down the flanks albeit not to the level of Jones but he wouldn't let us down when called upon.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?