oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

6 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Of all the people linked with moves away I'd probably keep Payero and Uche...

Payero has the IT factor we just need to get it out of him

Uche brings something completely different. If we're having 5 strikers there's a spot for him. He's huge and works hard.

Uche can't play in this system, his only use would be to chuck on for 10 minutes when chasing a goal.

I remember he came on against Swansea for 20 mins and looked shattered after trying to press for a few minutes and not doing it very well.

If he wants to start games then he best drop down to League 1 or the SPL.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm not so sure that Payero is viewed by Wilder as someone who needs to be replaced. Payero made 12 appearances in the Championship last season compared to 11 for JLS yet I doubt any of us thinks that we need to replace JLS. Granted Payero had more minutes and looked a better footballer in general but I don't think Wilder sees him as anything other than dispensable. If he is still here and knuckles down he may have a part to play. I'm not sure if he is one of the first teamers Wilder has put a bomb under or one of the attitude over ability group or both?

Bola I think would make a good back up. He is competent at this level but his fitness issues of late have hampered him. A fully fit Bola defends well and still manages to get down the flanks albeit not to the level of Jones but he wouldn't let us down when called upon.

I reckon he is. We were very strongly linked with Hendrick in January and with the 5 subs rule there is more scope for substitutions in midfield and with Crooks suspension record there will be chances for the player behind Crooks in the pecking order to get a fair bit of game time. I’m more than happy for that player to be Payero but if he does indeed leave then I do think he will need to be replaced and I think Wilder will be of the same thinking. 

• Like 1

Bola was never good enough to be our first choice down the left hand side if we harbour hopes of a top 6 let alone top 2.

He'd have been a good back up left back but we don't play with a back four and he's not good enough as a wing back.

Wonder if we see any trialists this year? Tommy Smith is out of contract in fairness so maybe he’s just training. 

Edited by CWC
33 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Gayle as a Boro player confirmed

Polish_20220628_064710360.png.bc2c9b2bc0ceb427bfbcf9446a8a5203.png

TBH, she looks better in the shirt than Rav 👀

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

So - Do you think we will see a signing confirmed today? 

Anybody heard something of interest?

Praying for darlow, hopefully the 3 linked by the end of the week before the first friendly would be ideal.

On a serious note....we must be getting at least one striker in through the door before the weekend?

If we dont then all we have is Coburn for Saturday as you wouldnt have thought Akpom and Uche will be included in pre season if they have told to look elsewhere

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?