oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

In all honesty i can't say i've seen enough of him to be able to make a true judgement. I've only seen his FA Cup mistakes but i'm well aware one swallow doesn't make a summer. I'm sure City didn't pick him up for nothing.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Sadly we will never know if Juninho23 would have called it first and livened up an otherwise dull afternoon on here. There again if he had no doubt he would have only been hounded off again.

Dull and dull .. I made my best pun yet 😛

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

In all honesty i can't say i've seen enough of him to be able to make a true judgement. I've only seen his FA Cup mistakes but i'm well aware one swallow doesn't make a summer. I'm sure City didn't pick him up for nothing.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Main negative is it's another loan, but that would probably have been the situation with most of the keepers we're linked with.

I'd guess it's cheaper than an outright purchase plus if the Northampton lad is half decent it could save us a few bob without having to throw him in to sink or swim. There may also be a pre agreed option to buy clause should we get promoted and want to keep Steffen.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

It's OK, we have a great history with American goalkeepers...

the few times I have seen him, he has looked a very capable lad, though I am sure those that renamed Brad Guzan will find something to replace Zak as soon as he makes an error. Most goals are conceded through chains of errors...  someone loses possession, someone else is out of position, someone after that mistimes a tackle or deflects the ball at the last second, but it is always the goalkeepers fault because "our nana could have stopped that". If he was on City's books, I think we can be fairly certain that he will be a step up from a QPR reserve and that is the main thing. He will definitely improve the squad..    if it is true.   

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I don't really have a lot of knowledge of him although seems an exciting signing and Wilder has a good eye for a keeper based on his Sheffield United day's. That said Turnbull and Jones won major trophies at big clubs as 2nd choice keepers 😬

Think he had a season as first choice at Dusseldorf before City pulled him back as he got injured, signing an international who's been playing in the top 5 leagues is a win in my book!

Edited by Foogle
  • Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?