oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Having played football with him, i can confirm he is not..

Dude how old are you? 

And how was it to play in the sand with bare feet?

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

That thread has the global Man City fans reaction, some angry he's signing for a club that's beneath him, others are glad that he's leaving, most just hope it goes well for him.

I feel like with any top 6 club, trying to gauge "fans" reaction is near on impossible on social media.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Dude how old are you? 

And how was it to play in the sand barefeet?

Piece of cake. Jesus liked going in goal when we played, he just wasn't great on crosses.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Piece of cake. Jesus liked going in goal when we played, he just wasn't great on crosses.

Kept letting shots through his hands too

17 minutes ago, "KM" said:

He has barely played since joining Man City. You can’t judge him over some pointless stats .

The graph covers time before he joined Man City, a total of just over 7,500 minutes of football. This includes 1.5 seasons in the MLS as well as half a season in Germany where he managed to concede more than 2 goals a game on average.

Does it mean he'll be bad? Of course not. Does it make me question if he's as good as everyone's initial reaction would suggest? Yes.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Will said:

The graph covers time before he joined Man City, a total of just over 7,500 minutes of football. This includes 1.5 seasons in the MLS as well as half a season in Germany where he managed to concede more than 2 goals a game on average.

Does it mean he'll be bad? Of course not. Does it make me question if he's as good as everyone's initial reaction would suggest? Yes.

He had a poor team in front of him .. 

Düsseldorf

P 34 W6 D12 L16 - 36:67 30P

I don't understand why people are underwhelmed by a signing like this? All of the other goalkeepers that we've been linked with this window are all seen as second/third choice at their respective clubs. 

The positives we can take from the Steffen link is that he's an active member of the US team (I don't know much about the pool of talent in which they have to select from but he's performed well when called upon), young and you'd have to say undoubtedly has a point to prove here in the UK. You'd imagine he's hungry to perform, in doing so he's putting himself in a shop window. Optimistically - for us to maybe take a plunge on a loan-to-buy option upon our promotion or for other suitors here in the UK/Europe. 

Wilder had taken a similar approach with Dean Henderson when at Sheffield United. Taking a chance on a GK from a bigger team, who clearly had ambitions of making a name for himself. He went on to win the Championship Golden Glove that season if I remember correctly, he then returned for another stand out season in the PL. 

If Wilder is serious about this promotion charge (which I suspect he is), then I doubt he's going to settle for someone he doesn't believe in. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't trust his decisions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TeessideSteel said:

I don't understand why people are underwhelmed by a signing like this? All of the other goalkeepers that we've been linked with this window are all seen as second/third choice at their respective clubs. 

The positives we can take from the Steffen link is that he's an active member of the US team (I don't know much about the pool of talent in which they have to select from but he's performed well when called upon), young and you'd have to say undoubtedly has a point to prove here in the UK. You'd imagine he's hungry to perform, in doing so he's putting himself in a shop window. Optimistically - for us to maybe take a plunge on a loan-to-buy option upon our promotion or for other suitors here in the UK/Europe. 

Wilder had taken a similar approach with Dean Henderson when at Sheffield United. Taking a chance on a GK from a bigger team, who clearly had ambitions of making a name for himself. He went on to win the Championship Golden Glove that season if I remember correctly, he then returned for another stand out season in the PL. 

If Wilder is serious about this promotion charge (which I suspect he is), then I doubt he's going to settle for someone he doesn't believe in. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't trust his decisions. 

His decisions brought us Balogun and Connolly, so there's two reasons not to just blindly trust his judgement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?