oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Remember our new goalkeeping coach is from United, he’ll know the keepers at City very well. Should be interesting to see how he does. 

Yeah the gazette reckon he is more than a standard GK coach and will be helping with identifying keepers so probs was in on the deal 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Hopefully we get Steffen over the line. As much as I rate Darlow as a decent shot stopper I was slightly concerned that he might struggle with being the sweeper and playing it out the back which is obviously what we were asking Lumley / Daniels to do last season. Having been at Man City for years now he’ll have had that drilled into him despite that clanger he dropped in the cup.

He also just looks like an absolute unit. Lumley was built like a bit of a stringbean and was never really very commanding.

Can’t see much to complain about imo. Only a loan so we’re not tied into anything if it turns out he isn’t up to it, but he’s now down to 3rd choice at City so we probably have an alright chance of landing him if he ends up being decent.

• Like 1

I know this isn’t anything to go by but hear me out… so in Fifa I always used to sign Steffen for my GK.. after a while I was surprised to see Man City linked with him as he was from the MLS so I did a bit of reading up on him at the time of the city link and he seemed to be very highly regarded/promising younger keeper. I know he hasn’t played a lot and I know fifa isn’t anything to go off but like I say, articles I read at the time seemed to be hyping him up so you never know he may be a shrewd bit of business.

6 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Yeah. 

OK what sort of goalkeeper is he? I don't give a *** about what he does with his feet I want to know what he's like as an actual GK over the course of a few games because I've only seen him once on highlights when he had a mare so I have no idea really what to expect.

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

OK what sort of goalkeeper is he? I don't give a *** about what he does with his feet I want to know what he's like as an actual GK over the course of a few games because I've only seen him once on highlights when he had a mare so I have no idea really what to expect.

Being competent with your feet is just as important as being competent with your hands these days though for a GK. 

11 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Yeah. 

Who have you watched him for? And how many times do you reckon you have seen him play? Could you give those of us who have seen very little of him a summary of his strengths and weaknesses?

As far as I can tell this amazing with his feet description seems to come from the fact he's on the books at City but so was Scott Carson 

I've no idea what his distribution is like as I say the only time I've seen the ball at his feet is when he made the gaff vs Liverpool

I'd prefer Iversen if I'm honest as he's more proven but I'll back Steffen if we do bring him in and anyways I'm quite confident in Roberts as a number 2 if Steffen turns out to be the 2nd best Goalkeeper called Zach at the Boro 

46 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

I mean he’s been capped for USA nearly 30 times. Joe Lumley isn’t in the same league. 

If Joe Lumley was American then he'd have been capped as well.  Have you actually looked who the 'top' American goalkeepers are at the moment?  One of them is the back up keeper at Forest.

I mean ffs, Sylvester Stallone is ranked 7th!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Being competent with your feet is just as important as being competent with your hands these days though for a GK. 

Not if you are wanting your keeper to win you points across the season. It’s a ‘nice to have’ for sure, but give me a big plodder who’s can stop the ball going in the back of the net over a keeper who’s good on the ball.

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Who have you watched him for? And how many times do you reckon you have seen him play? Could you give those of us who have seen very little of him a summary of his strengths and weaknesses?

Man City. He’s played in quite a lot of cup games for them and the odd league game which Ederson missed out on. He looks a calm laid back keeper who is ridiculously calm on the ball and can play. Tall, stocky unit type so competent on crosses, the only thing I would have to wait on to give a more assured opinion on his him making saves as he didn’t have to do a lot of that in the games I seen him play for city. 

Everytime I watched him though I did feel he was someone who was too good to be a no 2 and expected him to leave to a European team or lower Prem team so to get him whilst we are in championship feels a bit of a coup.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?