oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If Joe Lumley was American then he'd have been capped as well.  Have you actually looked who the 'top' American goalkeepers are at the moment?  One of them is the back up keeper at Forest.

I mean ffs, Sylvester Stallone is ranked 7th!

Forest, Oh yes the team that was promoted and yes he did actually play for them when Samba was out of favour.

Just now, AllBoro10 said:

Man City. He’s played in quite a lot of cup games for them and the odd league game which Ederson missed out on. He looks a calm laid back keeper who is ridiculously calm on the ball and can play. Tall, stocky unit type so competent on crosses, the only thing I would have to wait on to give a more assured opinion on his him making saves as he didn’t have to do a lot of that in the games I seen him play for city. 

Everytime I watched him though I did feel he was someone who was too good to be a no 2 and expected him to leave to a European team or lower Prem team so to get him whilst we are in championship feels a bit of a coup.

He certainly looked ridiculously calm when he set up Mane in the FA Cup semi final.  Looked like he might have dozed off for a few seconds actually.

• Haha 2

What is the situation with Steffan please?

Media guys on twitter suggesting its all but done but Echo said its not gone any further than an “enquiry”?

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Not if you are wanting your keeper to win you points across the season. It’s a ‘nice to have’ for sure, but give me a big plodder who’s can stop the ball going in the back of the net over a keeper who’s good on the ball.

Yeh I'm old fashioned I like my keeper to be able to command his area, close angles down and be competent with his handling and reflexes before I care about whether he spray the ball out to a wingback.

• Like 2
Just now, Changing Times said:

He certainly looked ridiculously calm when he set up Mane in the FA Cup semi final.  Looked like he might have dozed off for a few seconds actually.

Have you ever been positive about anything? Ever? 

I was asked to give my opinion of him as I have seen more of him than a couple of lads on here so answered, first response back is a comment about his high profile mistake which the world seen. If you can’t see past that then you will never rate him.

• Like 3
Just now, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Yeh I'm old fashioned I like my keeper to be able to command his area, close angles down and be competent with his handling and reflexes before I care about whether he spray the ball out to a wingback.

Being able to play football is a massive part of the game, my son plays at a good level and is only 13.  All the scouts look for distribution and how good they are with their feet over saving the ball as that can be taught.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

What is the situation with Steffan please?

Media guys on twitter suggesting its all but done but Echo said its not gone any further than an “enquiry”?

Where have they said that 

18 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

If Coventry's valuation is the same as our Spence one we won't be, no. Well hopefully not anyway.

Think it's safe to say we want him, though. If the deal makes sense, we'll definitely be in for him.

I am 99% certain he is the player we were quoted £20-25 mill for

@Changing Times I do get the point you are making about American GKs but I think we need to respect that this guy is no.2 at the most dominant club in the UK at moment. And he is currently keeping out a keeper Arsenal just paid £7m for in the national team.

I can see peoples reservation about him but he really should be good enough for us.

Prior to him we been linked with Man Utd no.3 (Heaton), Newcastle no.2/3 (Darlow) and Palace no.2/3 (Butland). I

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, expat-acklam said:

Forest, Oh yes the team that was promoted and yes he did actually play for them when Samba was out of favour.

Were they promoted because he played for them?  He played 6 times in the Championship for them, and that was when Samba got himself sent off and was suspended.  Hopefully we'll be able to sign a number of players who barely played for Forest last season, to guarantee our own promotion 👍

6 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Man City. He’s played in quite a lot of cup games for them and the odd league game which Ederson missed out on. He looks a calm laid back keeper who is ridiculously calm on the ball and can play. Tall, stocky unit type so competent on crosses, the only thing I would have to wait on to give a more assured opinion on his him making saves as he didn’t have to do a lot of that in the games I seen him play for city

Everytime I watched him though I did feel he was someone who was too good to be a no 2 and expected him to leave to a European team or lower Prem team so to get him whilst we are in championship feels a bit of a coup.

You sounded pretty assured with your comment a few pages back lol! 

This is the problem with no2s from big clubs they generally play in cups against lesser opposition so its hard to gauge how reliable they will be over the course of a season and what their true level of ability is. 

For me in the championship you just need a keeper who is solid in the basics somebody like Tim Krul being a fine example. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?