oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I am 99% certain he is the player we were quoted £20-25 mill for

I had a feeling that the "currently" mightve meant a relegated teams striker 

Joao Pedro from Watford could fetch that sort of money 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

You sounded pretty assured with your comment a few pages back lol! 

This is the problem with no2s from big clubs they generally play in cups against lesser opposition so its hard to gauge how reliable they will be over the course of a season and what their true level of ability is. 

For me in the championship you just need a keeper who is solid in the basics somebody like Tim Krul being a fine example. 

I am assured.  From what I have seen he would be a stand out goalie in the division. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Have you ever been positive about anything? Ever? 

I was asked to give my opinion of him as I have seen more of him than a couple of lads on here so answered, first response back is a comment about his high profile mistake which the world seen. If you can’t see past that then you will never rate him.

6 times and I regretted each of them.

You've barely seen him play at all.  He's played 20 times in total for Man City, you've probably seen him no more than 5 times of those unless you're a bigger Man City fan than Boro I suppose 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Have you ever been positive about anything? Ever? 

I was asked to give my opinion of him as I have seen more of him than a couple of lads on here so answered, first response back is a comment about his high profile mistake which the world seen. If you can’t see past that then you will never rate him.

We actually employ CT to be contrary to literally every point that gets made on here. It's actually an impressive talent he's honed over years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

6 times and I regretted each of them.

You've barely seen him play at all.  He's played 20 times in total for Man City, you've probably seen him no more than 5 times of those unless you're a bigger Man City fan than Boro I suppose 🤷‍♂️

I would say I have seen the majority of them games then. City are on tele quite a lot you know 

I suppose the hope has got to be that the FA Cup semi-final was an outlier.

I've seen Alisson and Ederson make absolute howlers, but they've had more game to show their quality in.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Yeh I'm old fashioned I like my keeper to be able to command his area, close angles down and be competent with his handling and reflexes before I care about whether he spray the ball out to a wingback.

Absolutely this 👍

18 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Being able to play football is a massive part of the game, my son plays at a good level and is only 13.  All the scouts look for distribution and how good they are with their feet over saving the ball as that can be taught.

If you look at the clubs who went up from this league over the last few years their goalkeepers don't exactly stand out as being brilliant distributors.

I mean it's not that hard to be able to play simple passes to full backs and wingbacks even under pressure. I'd say it's easier to teach the lads how to control and pass a football than to teach them the art of being a good goalkeeper. Probably the reason why there are alot of technically poor goalkeepers around when it comes to the art of actually keeping the ball out of the net and dealing with crosses. 

I wonder if Real Madrid were concerned with Courtois not being able to knock beckham passes around the pitch when he was pulling them out of *** with his actual goalkeeping skills in the champions league games?

12 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I am 99% certain he is the player we were quoted £20-25 mill for

Could it maybe be Cameron Archer from Villa. He was on loan at Preston last season so he fits the description of someone who was playing “recently” in the championship and I know they quoted Forest silly money for Keinan Davis.

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Changing Times I do get the point you are making about American GKs but I think we need to respect that this guy is no.2 at the most dominant club in the UK at moment. And he is currently keeping out a keeper Arsenal just paid £7m for in the national team.

I can see peoples reservation about him but he really should be good enough for us.

Prior to him we been linked with Man Utd no.3 (Heaton), Newcastle no.2/3 (Darlow) and Palace no.2/3 (Butland). I

Well, he isn't number two at the most dominant club in the UK cos they are getting rid of him.  I assume that means Guardiola doesn't actually rate him that highly, and wanted someone better so they weren't stuck relying on him if Ederson is missing for any length of time.  Otherwise why would they bother?

I don't think he's played enough meaningful football to know one way or the other whether he's good enough for us.  Simply being on the books at Man City is obviously enough for some people, and might be good enough in reality as well, but personally I have no idea at all 🤷‍♂️

I was just interested in the notion that him being an international player meant a great deal, when we know from our own experience that it can mean diddly squat.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Well, he isn't number two at the most dominant club in the UK cos they are getting rid of him.  I assume that means Guardiola doesn't actually rate him that highly, and wanted someone better so they weren't stuck relying on him if Ederson is missing for any length of time.  Otherwise why would they bother?

I don't think he's played enough meaningful football to know one way or the other whether he's good enough for us.  Simply being on the books at Man City is obviously enough for some people, and might be good enough in reality as well, but personally I have no idea at all 🤷‍♂️

I was just interested in the notion that him being an international player meant a great deal, when we know from our own experience that it can mean diddly squat.

You are disregarding how well thought off he was in Germany too. 

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He’s been there for three years. I’m sure if he was that crap they could have got rid a lot sooner they’re not exactly short of a few quid. He must have been trusted to some extent to be no.2 for three seasons.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Someday you'll argue that water isn't that wet ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?