oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

You are disregarding how well thought off he was in Germany too. 

I wasn't disregarding anything.  As I've just said, I personally don't know what to make of him.  I just know that coming from a certain club doesn't guarantee anything, and neither does being an international footballer.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

It reads different to the MEN and Romano for sure but I would be more inclined to believe them than the echo 

City probably aren’t bothered whether news are out that their reserve keeper is leaving and I’d guess someone like Romano is going to pick things up from the bigger clubs, while the Echo only really has the Boro and the club is a lot more cagey about letting stuff out as the deal is bigger for us than it is for City. 

• Like 1

there's a live stream from a Yank football fan about the Zack Steffan move on at the moment (that's how live works I guess)

just wind back to the begining

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

If you look at the clubs who went up from this league over the last few years their goalkeepers don't exactly stand out as being brilliant distributors.

I mean it's not that hard to be able to play simple passes to full backs and wingbacks even under pressure. I'd say it's easier to teach the lads how to control and pass a football than to teach them the art of being a good goalkeeper. Probably the reason why there are alot of technically poor goalkeepers around when it comes to the art of actually keeping the ball out of the net and dealing with crosses. 

I wonder if Real Madrid were concerned with Courtois not being able to knock beckham passes around the pitch when he was pulling them out of *** with his actual goalkeeping skills in the champions league games?

It’s not about the clubs that went up, it’s all about what system a club wants to play.  Like it or not GK these days are expected to do more than just be a large unit in goal.

you mention Real Madrid?  Your point is?  Liverpool and Man City both want their keepers to play from the back, maybe that’s what Wilder wants.  Saving goals is important but I’m telling you now U10 girls scouts even look for how a player is with the ball at their feet.  I’ve seen it with my own eyes chap.

• Like 2

Can’t say I personally know much about him, but if one the worlds best manager, at one of the worlds biggest clubs, has judged him to be good enough to be the first challenger for one of the best keepers in the world, then I guess there is bound to be something about him, that should be good enough for the championship. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, JTG said:

He’s been there for three years. I’m sure if he was that crap they could have got rid a lot sooner they’re not exactly short of a few quid. He must have been trusted to some extent to be no.2 for three seasons.

He's been back up for 2 years, the season before that he was out on loan.  They also had Scott Carson available to them as well.  It could be that they still rate him highly but want him out on loan getting some football or it could be that after two seasons there Guardiola has seen enough and wants a replacement.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Can’t say I personally know much about him, but if one the worlds best manager, at one of the worlds biggest clubs, has judged him to be good enough to be the first challenger for one of the best keepers in the world, then I guess there is bound to be something about him, that should be good enough for the championship. 

Adding to this, a manager who values a keeper being able to use his feet too. 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He's been back up for 2 years, the season before that he was out on loan.  They also had Scott Carson available to them as well.  It could be that they still rate him highly but want him out on loan getting some football or it could be that after two seasons there Guardiola has seen enough and wants a replacement.

It’s probably a case of Guardiola trying to push Ederson further with a fresh face on the back of the Mane mistake, Steffen wanting to start for some so he secures his World Cup starting spot and if he impresses he may want to leave city permanently. I still stand by the fact in the main when I have seen him play he’s played very well and he’s a coup for us.

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

You are disregarding how well thought off he was in Germany too. 

Was he? He underperformed his xG against whilst there and conceded more than 2 goals per game on average. After he left his team continued to concede roughly the same amount of goals per game (actually slight fewer but we'll call that noise), so I'm a bit puzzled what it is that he was rated for?

according to the live stream, he's had a rough few years, injuries, inconsistencies in performance when he does play. Could be down to lack of regular game time... but he does have to prove himself again.

33 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We actually employ CT to be contrary to literally every point that gets made on here. It's actually an impressive talent he's honed over years.

19 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Someday you'll argue that water isn't that wet ... 

Trying to get rid of another top ITK poster.  When will you learn? 😞 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well, he isn't number two at the most dominant club in the UK cos they are getting rid of him.  I assume that means Guardiola doesn't actually rate him that highly, and wanted someone better so they weren't stuck relying on him if Ederson is missing for any length of time.  Otherwise why would they bother?

I don't think he's played enough meaningful football to know one way or the other whether he's good enough for us.  Simply being on the books at Man City is obviously enough for some people, and might be good enough in reality as well, but personally I have no idea at all 🤷‍♂️

I was just interested in the notion that him being an international player meant a great deal, when we know from our own experience that it can mean diddly squat.

Maybe it is the other way round? Maybe he told Pep that, in World Cup year and with Arsenal buying his rival, that he wants to leave to get more games? Hence Man City had to get in a replacement before letting him go out on loan? Let’s hope this is the case as he will want to prove he is USA’s best goalkeeper next season with us. 👍

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?