oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Is volume of saves really a good metric of a quality keeper? 

I know it sounds like I'm being really negative about it, I'm not trying to be I'm just interested in what he's done well and what he'll bring to us. He underperformed his xG against during his time in Germany, not by much but he did, so regardless of how poor the team was or how many saves he made, he made fewer saves than expected statistically.

He was playing for a poor team though to be fair. I cba going into XG from his time in Germany a couple of years ago, I think he’s decent from what I have seen of him and think he will be good for us. Hopefully he proves me right but if not I’m sure i will be remind about it on this and the other forum 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, notjade said:

We could start with Leo in goal and still only have the 23rd worst keeper in the league, so its an improvement on last season

Happy with Steffen

We could start with a scarecrow in goal and still see an improvement.

7 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

Steffen has now been reported on by the Man City  mafia  ..............   or at least the bit I know

American and desparately in need of game time.  when he was in goal we were not overly concerned, unlike a number of his predecessors.

I read that as competent but not excitiing

Competent is a massive step up from last season. I honestly don’t think you need much more than that in this league.

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Steffen shows how we are progressing into ‘modern’ football. Lumley was shocking with his feet and I welcome anyone who can play rather than hoofing it long. That can only benefit us in comparison to last season when Lumley hooked the ball out of play. 

Another upgrade from last season hopefully and one which fits into the style of play more.

Steffen

Jones Dijksteele Fry Lenihan Giles

that’s a tasty back 5 imo. Very balanced and comfortable with the ball. Promising signs so far 👍

That lcb signing is going to be massive

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

That lcb signing is going to be massive

Need to get it right. I’m as intrigued about that particular signing as I am the marquee centre forward signing 

Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah, is that what you are talking about?

Yes, I believe Lumleys number last season was -6 from memory. Steffen's was -1.1 during his loan spell in Germany.

• Like 1
Just now, AllBoro10 said:

Need to get it right. I’m as intrigued about that particular signing as I am the marquee centre forward signing 

looking for exact fits on how Wilder wants us to play, plus lefties on the left righies on the right, it's not rocket science but it excites me, only thing that would make it better is if the main players wear 1-11

• Like 3

Steffen going to be the best keeper in the league this season if he signs for us.

I’ll stand by that, I’ll be so confident with that statement. Finally a keeper that can use his feet and doesn’t have biscuits for wrists.

I expect USA chants at every game for the big man when he proves all the doubters wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Zac steffen will never ever be trusted in my household. I was brought up to never trust a man with two first names as his full name. Get rid.

Aa someone with two first names in my full name.. 

8 mile middle finger GIF

Hopefully get the keeper in this week and maybe another squad player or 2 like Smith and McGoldrick 

Then please please let us have a breakthrough with the Spence and main striker situation, I want at least 1 of them in before the main preseason games start 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?