oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I really do not understand fans creaming themselves over Zak Steffan. From all known information and that is not a lot, granted, He is an injury prone, error ridden, keeper that is a good shot stopper. The highlight video showed him to be a puncher, not a catcher (that worries me) If those were his good bits then we have a problem.  I was over the moon when we were window shopping for Henderson, Iversen, Heaton, christ Darlow even at a push but to settle for the American Joe Lumley tells me we have learned nothing. He may be an upgrade in theory, god i hope so, but that Liverpool game showed me what he is capable of, lest we forget. The reality will play out, for me he has a lot to prove in what is ultimately one of the most important positions on the pitch. We have been dire in goalkeeping department for years, since Schwarzer went (barring Randolph)

I am like a rabbit with myxomatosis right now, a very troubled and unhappy bunny.

You can't spell either of his names correctly, so I'm not going to even bother reading the rest of your post

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I really do not understand fans creaming themselves over Zak Steffan. From all known information and that is not a lot, granted, He is an injury prone, error ridden, keeper that is a good shot stopper. The highlight video showed him to be a puncher, not a catcher (that worries me) If those were his good bits then we have a problem.  I was over the moon when we were window shopping for Henderson, Iversen, Heaton, christ Darlow even at a push but to settle for the American Joe Lumley tells me we have learned nothing. He may be an upgrade in theory, god i hope so, but that Liverpool game showed me what he is capable of, lest we forget. The reality will play out, for me he has a lot to prove in what is ultimately one of the most important positions on the pitch. We have been dire in goalkeeping department for years, since Schwarzer went (barring Randolph)

I am like a rabbit with myxomatosis right now, a very troubled and unhappy bunny.

I get your reservations over Steffan but the fact you were over the moon we were after Iversen flaws your argument. You were happy for us to for the Preston no.1 who is not good enough to be Leicester Citys no.2 but unhappy at us going for Man Citys no.2.

Everything suggests Steffan is a superior keeper to Iversen so dont get why you are so downbeat about Steffan yet over the moon over keepers who appear to be inferior to him.

Edited by TLF10
  • Like 3

A loan for a (perceived) higher quality goalkeeper makes perfect sense this season.

1) cheaper than buying someone of similar quality

2) give's Roberts a chance to settle at this level

3) young keepers can and have gone onto loan to further their development

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You can't spell either of his names correctly, so I'm not going to even bother reading the rest of your post

I have corrected it four use to reed now, sew no excusees 😘

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, "KM" said:

So unless we re-negotiate the loan in the next transfer window or at the end of the deal, we’ll be looking for a new number one GK next summer again. Unless of course, Liam Roberts is ready to make the step up! 

City signed him in 2019. According to Transfermarket, they extended his contract in Nov 2021 to run to 2025. Why extend his contract after 2 years, if he isn’t good enough? And if he as poor, or average, as some posters believe possible, why are Man city so keen to have him back at the end of a year? Why not at least put an option (or requirement) to buy in and hope we get promoted.

As far as next season is concerned, perhaps we also hope Zac Hemmings will prove himself in Scottish Premiership this year?

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, "KM" said:

So unless we re-negotiate the loan in the next transfer window or at the end of the deal, we’ll be looking for a new number one GK next summer again. Unless of course, Liam Roberts is ready to make the step up! 

Agree with that. We're just pushing the "problem" another year like we are doing with the LWB position and probably a few extra players too. I appreciate the financial side of things and that we probably wouldn't be able to buy players like Giles and Steffen, but it's still short term solutions to problems that have been apparent for a long time. I suppose if we go up we are in a good position to either buy those loan players if they'e done well or replace them if they don't do well, and if we stay down we're not lumbered with big contracts. It's a difficult situation because ideally we don't want to have a big overhaul every summer, but at the same time we want the best quality available. I just hope we don't make too many short term solutions in key positions.

• Like 1

There was a certain section of our fan base that were absolutely certain he’d be a great signing. I know he’s had his problems mind but it was a shock seeing this. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I get your reservations over Steffan but the fact you were over the moon we were after Iversen flaws your argument. You were happy for us to Preston no.1 who is not good enough to be Leicester Citys no.2 but unhappy at us going for Man City no.2.

Everything suggests Steffan is a superior keeper to Iversen so dont get why you are so downbeat about Steffan yet over the moon over keepers who appear to be inferior to him.

Iversen proved himself in the championship, won 3 awards at the end of year Preston presentations. He is a proven top keeper in our league.  He is an all round better keeper with less mistakes than Steffen on the evidence of my eyes. To suggest Iversen is inferior is wrong. Iversen was sent out to play not to bench warm. He has proved himself at Preston. Steffen, the jury is out and is a gamble. It may or may not pay off. If it does great, winner, winner chicken dinner, if it doesn’t then this thread will be like a scene from embarrassing bodies.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

City signed him in 2019. According to Transfermarket, they extended his contract in Nov 2021 to run to 2025. Why extend his contract after 2 years, if he isn’t good enough? And if he as poor, or average, as some posters believe possible, why are Man city so keen to have him back at the end of a year? Why not at least put an option (or requirement) to buy in and hope we get promoted.

As far as next season is concerned, perhaps we also hope Zac Hemmings will prove himself in Scottish Premiership this year?

Great post 👏

Perfectly happy with that deal for Steffen. If he helps us get promoted and we can't sign him permanently (although I'm sure City would listen to offers) then we just sign another keeper once we get to the PL (should be plenty available, I mean we got Victor Valdes on a free last time!)

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?