oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Just stop mate, this is getting embarrassing 

You're not helping, so both of you stop it. This sounds like talking to my kids😂

• Haha 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, CWC said:

There was a certain section of our fan base that were absolutely certain he’d be a great signing. I know he’s had his problems mind but it was a shock seeing this. 

He looks unwell in that photo, it's a shame how far off the rails he's went in recent years.

Went from one of the better attacking midfielders in League One to obscurity.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He looks unwell in that photo, it's a shame how far off the rails he's went in recent years.

Went from one of the better attacking midfielders in League One to obscurity.

From prem/championship to grass roots. Fall from grace that. Poor lad looks like he's been through it aswell 

• Sad 1
34 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I really do not understand fans creaming themselves over Zach Steffen. From all known information and that is not a lot, granted, He is an injury prone, error ridden, keeper that is a good shot stopper. The highlight video showed him to be a puncher, not a catcher (that worries me) If those were his good bits then we have a problem.  I was over the moon when we were window shopping for Henderson, Iversen, Heaton, christ Darlow even at a push but to settle for the American Joe Lumley tells me we have learned nothing. He may be an upgrade in theory, god i hope so, but that Liverpool game showed me what he is capable of, lest we forget. The reality will play out, for me he has a lot to prove in what is ultimately one of the most important positions on the pitch. We have been dire in goalkeeping department for years, since Schwarzer went (barring Randolph)

I am like a rabbit with myxomatosis right now, a very troubled and unhappy bunny.

I think fixating on the Liverpool gaffe is a bit unfair. I’d imagine you could find clips on any of the keepers you listed making mistakes, just in less high profile games with less coverage.

Also about the punching over catching I think that’s just an evolution of the game and how keepers are taught these days.

Just gone through the last 24 pages, gosh that was hard!

For the sake of some members sanity we need news about strikers and as far as the keeper are concerned beggars can't be choosers.

As long as there is improvement.

10 hours ago, scotty189 said:

looking for exact fits on how Wilder wants us to play, plus lefties on the left righies on the right, it's not rocket science but it excites me, only thing that would make it better is if the main players wear 1-11

I genuinely think that I would pee my pants if the players came out wearing 1-11 on the opening day!

10 hours ago, Crackers said:

Zac steffen will never ever be trusted in my household. I was brought up to never trust a man with two first names as his full name. Get rid.

I'm not 100% certain that either of those are legitimate first names!

2 minutes ago, JTG said:

I think fixating on the Liverpool gaffe is a bit unfair. I’d imagine you could find clips on any of the keepers you listed making mistakes, just in less high profile games with less coverage.

Also about the punching over catching I think that’s just an evolution of the game and how keepers are taught these days.

This. It frustrates the life out of me when people uses this as a criticism. The only criticism can be if they are bad at punching it. Otherwise, it's as effective a way as any to clear the ball. If it's a catch he knows he can make, make it. If not, make sure it's clear, it's goalkeeping 101

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Just gone through the last 24 pages, gosh that was hard!

For the sake of some members sanity we need news about strikers and as far as the keeper are concerned beggars can't be choosers.

As long as there is improvement.

Exactly this........the idea is to improve the squad season on season and anyone that thinks that the Man City No2 is not an improvement on Joe Lumley needs a slap!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, JTG said:

Kind of a troubling evolution if you ask me, if thats the case.

Catching the ball means you gain possession. Depending on the situation, you can slow the game down, or launch a swift counter attack.

Punching / palming the ball out means it can go anywhere, including straight to an opponent.

While its a useful option to have - especially if the keeper isn't confident of catching it, or has to fight through a scrum of players to reach it, I don't like the idea of it becoming the default action.

21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Agree with that. We're just pushing the "problem" another year like we are doing with the LWB position and probably a few extra players too. I appreciate the financial side of things and that we probably wouldn't be able to buy players like Giles and Steffen, but it's still short term solutions to problems that have been apparent for a long time. I suppose if we go up we are in a good position to either buy those loan players if they'e done well or replace them if they don't do well, and if we stay down we're not lumbered with big contracts. It's a difficult situation because ideally we don't want to have a big overhaul every summer, but at the same time we want the best quality available. I just hope we don't make too many short term solutions in key positions.

I think the bit in bold sums it up well. The costs of assembling a team good enough for promotion have increased greatly with the effects of parachute payments hugely benefiting the relegated clubs ( unless you have two or three brilliant academy players coming through to first team at same time). Most teams simply can’t afford to invest that much, even with a generous owner. So you either accept the best you can do is the luck of the playoffs or you look for another route that limits your exposure. 
this is the route Forest went last year, with 5 loanees I think, and I will be extremely happy if we can match them. I’ll be even happier if we avoid their first 9 game results - they would have got auto promotion with a decent start.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Don't understand people moaning about loans.

Do you think Forest fans were moaning at full time at Wembley because they had Spence, Garner, Davis, and Zinkernagel on the pitch? 

The same people would be moaning if we were giving out 3-4 year deals for the same players 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Don't understand people moaning about loans.

Do you think Forest fans were moaning at full time at Wembley because they had Spence, Garner, Davis, and Zinkernagel on the pitch? 

Haha spot on. Last year the gripe was how ineffectively we had made use of the loan market. This years gripe is why we using the loan market at all. You cant make it up sometimes on here.

• Like 13
26 minutes ago, CWC said:

There was a certain section of our fan base that were absolutely certain he’d be a great signing. I know he’s had his problems mind but it was a shock seeing this. 

He did a brilliant interview a few months (years?) back about mental health. The lads had his fair share of issues, and the furore surrounding him heaped more on top of those. He went to play at the amateur level, got his head straight, found his focus and his love for football again. 

I'm just glad to see that lad wearing a shirt and playing the game. Fair play to him. 

• Like 6
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?