oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, macapes said:

Our history of having a great defence?

There's no particular reason to think that punching the ball will mean it goes to the opposition, or that it will fall within shooting distance.  We have this conversation about every keeper, they are all taught to punch unless they are sure of a catch.

There's also a big difference between punching a cross clear of the box where a defender can then deal with it and doing a Lumley/Bettinelli and palming it downwards into the 6 yard area or missing it completely 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He started it, slagging off our new #1 goalkeeper before he's been caught a ball for us. No need.

Firstly, I was critiquing him not slagging him off, he has yet to sign, so as of the here and now, he is not our new #1 goalkeeper. Honest opinion is frowned upon is it?

By the way, your use of the English language needs a little bit more attention too 😉

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I swear people only read half posts on here and then come to some black/white conclusion. Nobody is unhappy about using the loan market. All I'm saying is that we need to be carefull. Loans ae very short sighted and we've been told that by hiring Scott we're taking a long term approach. Loans reduces your chances of selling players and making profits. I fully appreciate that loans are an important factor for a smaller club and even more so in the Championship.

True, but we have also signed a young highly promising League 2 team of the year keeper on a permanent. I'm happy with the mix of loans and long term at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

With the GK situation I can see why fans are moaning about not signing a permanent keeper but maybe the keepers we want are out of reach right now (seems Wilder would love Henderson back for example but not going to happen right now) so a loan makes sense.. try to get to the Prem and then pay the money for a top keeper or hope one is out of contract at the end of this season.

We have signed a permant keeper in Liam Roberts League 2 golden gloves but as its a jump in level we don't want to throw him in the deepend  straight away. 

13 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I am 99% certain he is the player we were quoted £20-25 mill for

Absolutely no chance of us spending that much on a striker so no chance of us signing the striker Wilder was referring to, for sure. I'm not convinced that was Gyokeres, though. I think even Coventry fans would be *** themselves laughing at that figure. 

Could have been Brereton Diaz to be fair, forgot they pushed the button on his year's extension. He's definitely had more public acknowledgement of his success, broke the 20 goals barrier despite only being available for 3/4 of the season. His transfermarkt value is close to £15m and that's usually the absolute bare minimum the club would sell for, if that. It's not a great way of judging a player's actual value to the club who owns him but if that's how the market values him then you could definitely add another £5-10m onto that price right now for Blackburn.

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

True, but we have also signed a young highly promising League 2 team of the year keeper on a permanent. I'm happy with the mix of loans and long term at the moment.

So am I, but there is also talk about loaning two strikers and Choudhury. That's quite a few loans in key areas and all I'm saying is, that it needs to be taken into consideration, that it's short term solutions that pushes the decisions until next summer. The last time we went up we suffered partly because we had to sign too many players and they weren't good enough as it's still hard to find that quality. Forest have to do quite a lot of rebuilding too without being able to sell one or two players because the important ones were loans. So they have to replace Spence, Garner and Zinckenagel from the first 11 before they can think about upgrading on other positions. It's a tough ask and it's just something that needs to be planned carefully. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, MikeyBoro said:

Anyone stats-savvy got any thoughts on this?!

Over these 5 seasons he's got an average xG prevented of -0.4 per season compared to the other keepers in his division at the time. So he's essentially slap bang average at shot stopping, compare that to Lumley's this season of -6 and it's a vast improvement.

Then on top of that he'll be conceding fewer goals as a sweeper with his better ability to run off his line as well as indirectly through better distribution: the more (and the better quality) of possession we have the less likely we are to concede and the more likely we are to score. Was sick of Lumley punting it long to a 5ft6 Striker or just straight out of play.

• Like 3
Just now, Borodane said:

So am I, but there is also talk about loaning two strikers and Choudhury. That's quite a few loans in key areas and all I'm saying is, that it needs to be taken into consideration, that it's short term solutions that pushes the decisions until next summer. The last time we went up we suffered partly because we had to sign too many players and they weren't good enough as it's still hard to find that quality. Forest have to do quite a lot of rebuilding too without being able to sell one or two players because the important ones were loans. So they have to replace Spence, Garner and Zinckenagel from the first 11 before they can think about upgrading on other positions. It's a tough ask and it's just something that needs to be planned carefully. 

I don't think we loan two strikers - Armstrong and archer are the only two loan rumours aren't they? And I highly doubt we get both

Just now, NorwichBoro said:

a bit in there about us selling Spence to Forrest instead of spurs 

I'm guessing this is part of a media push-back from Gibson and co, Levy pushed out his side of the story and now we want them to know other clubs are very much involved in this process.

Obviously, if Djed tells both parties he only wants to go to Spurs that makes things more difficult but I wouldn't budge. Imagine the reaction down by the Trent if Spence says he can't see any way he'd go back to Forest.

38 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Haha spot on. Last year the gripe was how ineffectively we had made use of the loan market. This years gripe is why we using the loan market at all. You cant make it up sometimes on here.

People want to moan about the club first and work backwards to decide what they want to moan about.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?