oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He started it, slagging off our new #1 goalkeeper before he's even caught a ball for us. No need.

Whats a football forum for, if not making wild, unsubstantiated claims and opinions about players we know little or nothing about? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Marvanelli said:

Wonder if we're only loaning a GK because we have high hopes for Liam Roberts.

25 years old is still very young for a professional goalkeeper.

Hope we've got a gem with Roberts.

He is 27 or 28 in November Roberts still young for a keeper though 

• Like 4
Just now, Marvanelli said:

Wonder if we're only loaning a GK because we have high hopes for Liam Roberts.

25 years old is still very young for a professional goalkeeper.

Hope we've got a gem with Roberts.

Possibly - could also be that whatever money we have we want to spend on forwards 

Maybe that Liverpool game made Pep realise that having a Keeper that never plays isn't great when he's thrown into a big game and is rusty as heck.

If he comes here and we smash the Championship I guess City would be happy to loan him to us again next season in the Premiership should that be something we would want. Playing regularly for a top Championship side this season and then for a Premiership side next season will provide excellent experience and should they want to sell earn City more money.

For the Player himself sitting around doing nothing isn't an enjoyable experience, after a while even the novelty of sitting on City's bench must wear off. The World Cup has probably provided the impetus for him to want to be playing regularly. There are of course more than a few notable ex Boro Keepers that have been happy to get splinters in their backside sitting on benches as second or even third choices in the Premiership, heck some have even won European medals doing it!

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Yeh I know mate I wasn't impressed with what I saw against Liverpool but I would have to see him over the course of 90 minutes over a few games live to gauge an opinion. I find alot of people don't actually know what makes a good keeper and that includes pundits. I remember alot of people on the boro forums saying Bettenelli was great the first few months of that season when to me he looked ropey as hell and the defence shielded him massively. Joe Hart was always reamed by pundits where in reality he was a very average goalkeeper playing in a very good side and always come unstuck in the games where City and England weren't the dominant side and he had a fair amount to do.

If we do sign Steffen I'll be hoping he can be a solid keeper and I'll be behind him until he gives me reason to think he's not but I can also understand people's reservations.

Absolutely. If he signs as our number 1, I will be fully behind him and any other player wearing the shirt. I hope he is the keeper many on here believe he is, although in truth I doubt many have seen him play much if at all and are basing opinions on stats and where he has been at.

I have only seen him play for city a couple of times and the same for the USA, so he may in games make me eat my words. If he does, great. I appreciate the Liverpool game was just one game, but it was not just that 2nd goal. It was his positioning generally, the defenders looked uneasy around him, his half hearted attempt at a save for the first goal and his showing too much net for the 3rd at his near post. It showed what he is capable of. I referred to his performance as ‘Lumleyesque’ at the time. I feel the goalkeeping position is rarely appreciated by fans, to me it is at least the second most important position to get right, if not the first. Whatever anyone’s views, he is a gamble that may or may not pay off, lets hope it is one that does not come back to bite.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

If this deal is concluded. How long do people think it will take.

What? For people to get on his back? About 6 minutes I reckon. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

For the Player himself sitting around doing nothing isn't an enjoyable experience, after a while even the novelty of sitting on City's bench must wear off. The World Cup has probably provided the impetus for him to want to be playing regularly. There are of course more than a few notable ex Boro Keepers that have been happy to get splinters in their backside sitting on benches as second or even third choices in the Premiership, heck some have even won European medals doing it!

I'm sure Schwarzer won back to back premier leagues at Chelsea and then Leicester!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I swear people only read half posts on here and then come to some black/white conclusion. Nobody is unhappy about using the loan market. All I'm saying is that we need to be carefull. Loans ae very short sighted and we've been told that by hiring Scott we're taking a long term approach. Loans reduces your chances of selling players and making profits. I fully appreciate that loans are an important factor for a smaller club and even more so in the Championship.

Normally I’d agree with you I prefer to bring in or use our own youth players instead of bringing in loans.

But we are looking to bring in 8/9 players and to do that with permanent signings in one windows will be difficult and would reduce the quality of the players we can afford to bring in.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'm sure Schwarzer won back to back premier leagues at Chelsea and then Leicester!

The great Ross Turnbull won a Champions League medal in 2012 with Chelsea and the Europa League the following year doing literally nothing. He had already won an FA Cup medal as well previously with them I think.

• Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?