oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

30 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Weak punch vs Wycombe, which he has a habit of, as he did the same against Arsenal the season before. If you won't catch it in your own 6 yard box, at least don't punch it to the opposition on the edge of the area and sustain the attack.

Don't think I've ever seen someone go round a goalie so easily vs Leipzig, but maybe this one is harsh.

Getting done at your near post from this angle vs Swindon is a sin.

Going for a walk vs Saints, which was similar to what he did to get City knocked out of the Cup the season prior against Chelsea, where he just gives up a square ball for a tap in.

What the *** vs Liverpool. I think he should do better for all goals in this game too.

------------------------------------------

So someone posted this on reddit.. How he has so many mistakes with so little game time is actually alarming.

Imagine being so desperate to discredit a signing to go and seek out any tiny little thing they could find to criticise him, most of which are behaviours you'll see from every keeper at one time or another. That's embarassing. (The original post, not you posting it here)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Also Rowe signed a new 2 year deal this month so surely not

It is only a matter of time before someone takes this to a new level and hey presto we have been linked with Emile Smith Rowe 🤣

1 minute ago, DocMartin said:

It is only a matter of time before someone takes this to a new level and hey presto we have been linked with Emile Smith Rowe 🤣

It's not ESR? Unambitious. It would probably just have been a loan anyway.

Graeme Bailey

@GraemeBailey

19h

Understand Middlesbrough have agreed a deal with Arsenal for Emile Smith Rowe. Boro have been looking for a new number ten and they have landed a very good one in the English playmaker.

@90min_Football

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
Just now, "KM" said:

Where have we been linked to ESR? I can’t see there being anything in that. 

Literally nowhere.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20220629-115241_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a6291ac972f2b2f84ce30cadd2bd8a8e.jpg

Might give PAOK a bit of money to try to buy back Akpom?

Think at this point well just want his wages off the books so will be looking to give him away on a free. I know it's not the best thing to go by, but football manager has akpom on about 30k a week - they don't tend to be too far off

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Think at this point well just want his wages off the books so will be looking to give him away on a free. I know it's not the best thing to go by, but football manager has akpom on about 30k a week - they don't tend to be too far off

Wouldn't surprise me, half our players leave on a free nowadays.

Can't say I'd be overly fussed if he did, though I'd obviously prefer extra money for transfers.

2 hours ago, Foogle said:

Over these 5 seasons he's got an average xG prevented of -0.4 per season compared to the other keepers in his division at the time. So he's essentially slap bang average at shot stopping, compare that to Lumley's this season of -6 and it's a vast improvement.

Then on top of that he'll be conceding fewer goals as a sweeper with his better ability to run off his line as well as indirectly through better distribution: the more (and the better quality) of possession we have the less likely we are to concede and the more likely we are to score. Was sick of Lumley punting it long to a 5ft6 Striker or just straight out of play.it’s worth remembering that The stats are not directly comparable as they’re from different leagues. 

It’s also worth remembering these stats are not from the same league. ZS has much better stats, and has been doing so at a much higher level. 

He had the 2nd highest number of saves when in Germany.

He’s been training with world class players for years.

He’s an international starter, ahead of a player Arsenal have just spent 6m on.

The only genuine criticism I’ve seen so far is that he’s injury prone. That is a worry, but we’ve also supposedly got a decent number 2 now.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BeeBee said:

It’s also worth remembering these stats are not from the same league. ZS has much better stats, and has been doing so at a much higher level. 

He had the 2nd highest number of saves when in Germany.

He’s been training with world class players for years.

He’s an international starter, ahead of a player Arsenal have just spent 6m on.

The only genuine criticism I’ve seen so far is that he’s injury prone. That is a worry, but we’ve also supposedly got a decent number 2 now.

Volume of saves is not a good way to measure if a goalkeeper is good.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?