oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Given how much we want for Spence, I'd imagine Giles will (at at least should) probably be about the same. I'm sure I seen somewhere that Giles was valued at around £10m. Either way we can't afford that, and so wouldn't be able to get a player of his quality who is proven at this level. Would think if we do go up and Giles has a good season, we'd be getting quoted £20m for him.

• Wow 1
5 hours ago, DocMartin said:

Iversen proved himself in the championship, won 3 awards at the end of year Preston presentations. He is a proven top keeper in our league.  He is an all round better keeper with less mistakes than Steffen on the evidence of my eyes. To suggest Iversen is inferior is wrong. Iversen was sent out to play not to bench warm. He has proved himself at Preston. Steffen, the jury is out and is a gamble. It may or may not pay off. If it does great, winner, winner chicken dinner, if it doesn’t then this thread will be like a scene from embarrassing bodies.

Iversen wasn't good enough to be number two in Leicester .. And funnily enough not good enough for the Danish National team .. 

Can you prove, that if Steffen played a season in the champo for us or Preston for that matter that he wouldn't win awards? 

Steffen is not coming to bench warm either ..  He is the USA number one keeper .. and City are adamant to get him back after one year .. 

This looks like a case of the sceptics calling them selves realistic once again ...

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

So you wouldn't rent a top dollar luxury house with pool and everything in Spain, because it's only a short term solution? 

If you want to make that weird comparison the question should be whether I like owning my own house or living in a rented house. And I'll choose owning my own house every time. Renting is throwing money out every month. But then again, the comparisons to a football transfer is non-existant.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Calm down fella, season aint started and you are already unhappy.

Pretty relaxed about it fella, underwhelmed not unhappy (subtle difference there)

The chances we line up like this are somewhere between slim to none. Nevertheless, it would be underwhelming if that was our starting strikers after some of the links we have seen

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Maddison looks a bit healthier in that picture ... 

An alternate reality where he sorted his personal issues and ended up playing for Inter.

17 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If you want to make that weird comparison the question should be whether I like owning my own house or living in a rented house. And I'll choose owning my own house every time. Renting is throwing money out every month. But then again, the comparisons to a football transfer is non-existant.

Both mean you get to experience something you wouldn't be able to afford otherwise and then at the end of the year the status quo is restored

42 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Archer had a better strike rate than any of our forwards to be fair

Don’t think we would be worse off, the defence and midfield (replace McNair with Crooks) I think could be comfortably top 6, the forward line doesn’t scream out promotion though. 

Obviously the source is ***** but it’s an interesting conversation point

• Like 1

I think the 3 forwards we'll get will be Gayle, McGoldrick, and one of Archer or Armstrong.

Unless we make a marquee signing up top. That one would replace Gayle I'd say as the loan of Archer/Armstrong would be cheaper to offset the spending.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I think a better comparison would be whether you want to lease or buy a car. If you lease, you know what you pay and then give it back. If it turns out to be a lemon, you don't have a problem selling it on or any maintenance to deal with -  you may miss out if it somehow becomes a classic while you own it, but the risk is limited.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

I think a better comparison would be whether you want to lease or buy a car. If you lease, you know what you pay and then give it back. If it turns out to be a lemon, you don't have a problem selling it on or any maintenance to deal with -  you may miss out if it somehow becomes a classic while you own it, but the risk is limited.

The value of a car will always drop. It’s almost unquestionable. A footballer might increase in value and that is a fairly big part of how we make money. 

And for the last time I’M NOT AGAINST LOANS. It keeps being made out like that. Is it really so hard to read? I have never said we should never make loans. Read what people are writing for crying out load. It’s not that hard.

13 minutes ago, LBP said:

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/06/29/nottingham-forest-see-bid-for-target-knocked-back/565597/

Forest bid 11m plus 4m add ons for Neco Williams and been rejected

Surely just add a measly 4m to the initial fee and they can have Spence instead

Don't think Liverpool want to sell him, he's the back up RB (If you count Gomez as a CB

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?