oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

"All parties are now increasingly confident of reaching a full agreement over a deal and that Spence can take his place on Tottenham’s pre-season tour."

From what I've seen online, Spurs are flying out on the 9th of July.

4 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Only Daniel bloody Levy would be haggling over £1m for his managers apparent top target.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will said:

Only Daniel bloody Levy would be haggling over £1m for his managers apparent top target.

Yep, Conte is far too good for Levy. Levy is as tight as they come. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

The value of a car will always drop. It’s almost unquestionable. A footballer might increase in value and that is a fairly big part of how we make money. 

Unless its a classic car...many of them can actually increase in value (depending on the market). 😉

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Unless its a classic car...many of them can actually increase in value (depending on the market). 😉

In which case I’d rather buy a classic car than lease one. And I’m fairly sure you really have to limit the use. 

• Like 1
Just now, "KM" said:

Just imagine what we could do with £20m. Genuinely think we are a couple of signings away from building a really strong team. 

We could pay even more for some top

loans. 

• Haha 7
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Lumley was a classic car crash 

• Haha 5
5 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Interesting it says they are now closer to the 20 million asking price, I would accept it tbf

Including add-ons is the key part there though, could be significantly less up front.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

We could pay even more for some top

loans. 

My only real issue with loan players is how invested they will be in the team and the club. Are they coming with a point to prove and therefore give it 100%, or are are they just marking time until they can go back to their parent club?

Obviously you hope the manager & recruitment staff will do their homework, but after seeing some of our recent loanees I do wonder.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, "KM" said:

So unless we re-negotiate the loan in the next transfer window or at the end of the deal, we’ll be looking for a new number one GK next summer again. Unless of course, Liam Roberts is ready to make the step up! 

See, something like that raises my comfort level with the signing, cos it suggests that they aren't looking to offload him, or at least if they are they believe he'd be worth more after his loan spell with us.  It doesn't tell me any more about him as a player but it's a bit of insight into what Man City think of him.  So that gets a little green tick in my mind ✔️

• Like 5
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?